Testarossa bulbs - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Testarossa bulbs

My tailight bulb is blown (outside lower light) in my 88.5 Testarossa. The bulb says 12V 5W. Where do you get these bulbs? As the car is 14 years old and given the time it took to remove the back grill, I should probably replace all the bulbs especially if there is a shipping charge!
Thank you
I could probably make do with a decent LED bulb but I heard they do not work properly with a flasher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
GJ- Try Ricambi and see if Daniel or Mike can help you.

Ferrari Parts - Ricambi America, Inc. :

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Are you in the US? Any auto supply store should carry what you need. If you exhange your taillight bulbs to LED there won't be any issues but if you change your turn signal bulbs you will need an electronic flasher. Also, your bulbs are meant to be replaced by twisting the white socket on the back of the lamp assembly (assessable inside the engine bay)--no need to remove the grill and lens. That said the sockets tend to become brittle and sometimes stuck over time from exhaust heat so use caution.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
bulb

I was a little confused because the burned out bulb had a notation 12V 5W. I am in Florida and I am the second owner so maybe the other guy put in the 5 watt bulb. I replaced the rear lower corner bulbs on both sides with Sylvania 1073 long lifers. Even though I replaced the bulbs bass ackwards, they work fine, Now if I could only find a high quality xenon package to replace the driving lights I would have it made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302Tim View Post
Are you in the US? Any auto supply store should carry what you need. If you exhange your taillight bulbs to LED there won't be any issues but if you change your turn signal bulbs you will need an electronic flasher. Also, your bulbs are meant to be replaced by twisting the white socket on the back of the lamp assembly (assessable inside the engine bay)--no need to remove the grill and lens. That said the sockets tend to become brittle and sometimes stuck over time from exhaust heat so use caution.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode