93 512tr questions - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
93 512tr questions

hello all,
i am a new member and a new owner my ride is a 93tr. the car has 18,000 miles red and tan, i took a gamble buying the car without records. although i researched it as thoroughly as possible i was wondering if anyone has been able to locate records before and how they did it? also what type of services i need to do and what to expect of the car. i had the car inspected first and the company said it has a few oil leaks on the valve cover gaskets. what is the best way to fix this problem? any info would be really helpful. thanks in advance, Tommy Stinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 20
Congratulations on the new redhead. Although unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, I'm confident you'll find it. Figuring it out and learning is a constant process, and it really is half the fun. Enjoy her!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,129
Sounds like the your TR needs a full service, likely a cambelt change, and new gaskets.

On the records, you can start by runnign the Chassis number through the Registry here. Then I depending on where you are located I would contact FML & Mike Sheehan if in the US or Tony Willis if in the UK. They should be able to give you a bit of history.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twsii View Post
i had the car inspected first and the company said it has a few oil leaks on the valve cover gaskets. what is the best way to fix this problem?
Remove the bolts holding the valve cover gaskets in place, remove the valve covers, remove the failing gaskets, replace with new. Easy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode