Fiammenghi f50 exhaust system - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 434
Fiammenghi f50 exhaust system

Hello guys,
i had a request for make a complete sport exhaust for a F50, we are under negotiation now, i hope i will be able to close this bid.
Exhaust will have the 6-1 type headers manifolds, I can do with or without CAT's in easy way, the back mufflers with bypass will have the same conceptual inside layout of the muffler that i make for the 456/550/575/599.

About catalyzers yes or not, the F50 is classified in EU like euro1, in other words not have the down stream lambda, thanks to this the CAT can be removed without problems, engine will run ok and will not have check engine light on.
Personally i would like to install a CAT, the same 200 cps that i use for the 575/599 or a little bit smaller but with 100 cps, at least for have not problems during the periodic check, at least in Italy, same things for the mufflers, due to my internal design the noise at bypass closed will be acceptable (quite).

Like i did for the 550/575, i will do the manifolds with the secondary air system in order to not modify the ECU, note that without the secondary air system on the car the check engine light will be on.

I started to make a first drawing of the exhaust based on pictures and drawings tha ti found on web, than i nonly a base design to be adjusted with the real dimensions.
The following image is wath i did with my imagination...
I will have the possibility to have the car for make a 3D scanning of tha parts in order to make a precise CAD model, like wath i did for the 599.

Next week i will meet this person to discuss the details and price.

As because will be necessary make some equipments (some by CNC machining and some by means of laser cut steel) price will be not low in general, but also not too much considering the complete interchangeability, complete reversibility, the materials quality, and none modified request on the car.

If someone owners of F50 could be interested, please contact me on my below email.

Last thing ... how will be at bypass opened??
Perhaps will sing like the old Nigel Mansell F1 engine? ..... or like the new Laferrari FXX?

Thanks for your time to had read.

Best at all.

Fabio
Attached Images

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Fabio- Sounds like an interesting challenge. Should be easy to improve on all these parts.
Attached Images

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Fabio- Sounds like an interesting challenge. Should be easy to improve on all these parts.
Terry,
Yes the exhaust technology of the F50 is common to the Ferrari’s car of that period (355,456).
As per the pictures that I seen on web, there is more space at both engine sides for the headers, and also the original mufflers are big then I think I can be a good work with my new mufflers.

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering

post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Following an update based only on picture of the car that I found on web and few of my fantasy...
Attached Images

Fiammenghi Engineering

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode