Any high mileage F40s for sale? - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 12-14-2013, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Any high mileage F40s for sale?

I know it is too much to ask that there will be another, high-mileage but very well maintained F40 out there for sale....but if anyone knows of one...

Would have to be UK or EU to avoid UK VAT.
Schnellmann is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
I know it is too much to ask that there will be another, high-mileage but very well maintained F40 out there for sale....but if anyone knows of one...

Would have to be UK or EU to avoid UK VAT.
There's a lazy one down here for $1,450,000.00 AUD, plus, of course delivery costs. ? Interested go to carsales.com.au. I Think not!!!!

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
I know it is too much to ask that there will be another, high-mileage but very well maintained F40 out there for sale....but if anyone knows of one...

Would have to be UK or EU to avoid UK VAT.
What would you consider high?

FYI, F40s are easy to clock so be careful with a 15k miles F40 with limited to no history.
Boxer is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
What would you consider high?

FYI, F40s are easy to clock so be careful with a 15k miles F40 with limited to no history.
I was thinking more like 40k+
Schnellmann is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
I was thinking more like 40k+
Miles or kilometers?
Boxer is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Miles or kilometers?
Should have said - miles so 40k or
60k km

Aim would be to have so many miles that I would feel free to drive as much as I like without having to worry about reducing its value. I would love to be in a position not to have to worry (but I am not complaining: when the F40
was launched I certainly never imagined I would ever be in a position to buy one).

Last edited by Schnellmann; 12-15-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Schnellmann is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 03:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Should have said - miles so 40k or
60k km

Aim would be to have so many miles that I would feel free to drive as much as I like without having to worry about reducing its value. I would love to be in a position not to have to worry (but I am not complaining: when the F40
was launched I certainly never imagined I would ever be in a position to buy one).
Suggest you put out word to a few brokers and see what they can find.
Boxer is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Suggest you put out word to a few brokers and see what they can find.
Who would you recommend?
Schnellmann is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Who would you recommend?
Suggest you email Victor at Belgoexports: [email protected]

or Simon Kidston: [email protected]
Boxer is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Suggest you email Victor at Belgoexports: [email protected]

or Simon Kidston: [email protected]
Thanks
Schnellmann is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Thanks
You know that you would not be able to drive a EU f40 in Switzerland, except for holidays ? But i understand you are definitively Move to the UK?

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
212Export is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
You know that you would not be able to drive a EU f40 in Switzerland, except for holidays ? But i understand you are definitively Move to the UK?
I am definitely moving back to the UK. Already bought a house and family are there. But wouldn't exclude moving back to Switzerland at some
point. Never say never!
Schnellmann is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 12-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Owner
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Andorra La Vella
Ferrari Life Posts: 815
My F40 has 15,500 kms and does not have a bad history! I do not find my car with anything wrong! I drives beautifully!

Current:F12, F40 , F50 , Enzo , Mclaren P1
Past: 348 spider ,F430, Dino 246 GTS
Waiting: Ghost 2016.
Pablo is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 12-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 76
Schnellmann

1990 F-40 obtained in 1993 with 1700 miles on odometer; now have over 50k miles. Still getting awards (Platinum, Coppa Bella, Preservation at FCA 2013) thanks to TLC by Continental Auto Sports dealership in Chicago area. Never fail to get the grins when getting into the little red bugger.
Suspect that all you "higher mileage" guys feel the same in your rides (288, 40, 50, whatever) and have become so comfortable that you'll keep driving (rather than selling) until too old/infirm to climb aboard.
You all please share your thoughts.
Best.

Dan Harrison
Dan Harrison is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 12-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Harrison View Post
Schnellmann

1990 F-40 obtained in 1993 with 1700 miles on odometer; now have over 50k miles. Still getting awards (Platinum, Coppa Bella, Preservation at FCA 2013) thanks to TLC by Continental Auto Sports dealership in Chicago area. Never fail to get the grins when getting into the little red bugger.
Suspect that all you "higher mileage" guys feel the same in your rides (288, 40, 50, whatever) and have become so comfortable that you'll keep driving (rather than selling) until too old/infirm to climb aboard.
You all please share your thoughts.
Best.

Dan Harrison
Totally agreed on ! I almost to old already but as long as my kids will help me in......;-)

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
212Export is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Harrison View Post
Schnellmann

1990 F-40 obtained in 1993 with 1700 miles on odometer; now have over 50k miles. Still getting awards (Platinum, Coppa Bella, Preservation at FCA 2013) thanks to TLC by Continental Auto Sports dealership in Chicago area. Never fail to get the grins when getting into the little red bugger.
Suspect that all you "higher mileage" guys feel the same in your rides (288, 40, 50, whatever) and have become so comfortable that you'll keep driving (rather than selling) until too old/infirm to climb aboard.
You all please share your thoughts.
Best.

Dan Harrison
Brilliant to hear of someone making the most of an F40 and not just looking at it (although I suspect that the active participants on FL are much more likely to fall into the former than latter category).

Here's a big thumbs up from me!
Schnellmann is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 12-22-2013, 04:13 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Brilliant to hear of someone making the most of an F40 and not just looking at it (although I suspect that the active participants on FL are much more likely to fall into the former than latter category).

Here's a big thumbs up from me!
Definitely a much higher quota of drivers than polishers here
Boxer is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Owner
 
JamieBeeston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 44
Looks like there are a bunch that've just come up at Dick Lovett (adds on PH)

Strange how 3 arrive at one dealer on one day!
JamieBeeston is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LaSarre,Quebec,Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 150
There one for sale.

Ferrari F40 - AUTO SALON SINGEN
godabitibi is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 01-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Owner
 
JamieBeeston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 44
Looks like the ones on Dick Lovett have now been removed from PH again.
Maybe just an Admin error.. however each one had specifics (chassis number, mileage etc)

Weird.
JamieBeeston is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale