Ferrari FXX - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Ferrari FXX

I have seen a couple of Enzos here in Phoenix area ... but never an FXX. It is my understanding that only 30 FXXs were constructed and offered to select clients who have mega $$. Also, if Wikipedia is correct, the "owner" does not actually take his car home, but Ferrari keeps it for him/her and transports to "approved" tracks so the owner can use it on track days. Sounds like a pretty exclusive club.

Has anyone actually seen any of these cars? Besides what I can read in Wikipedia,

Ferrari FXX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone know if these FXX cars are ever brought over to the US and if one can see them? Are they really very special or does modern technology that is available in the 458 and F12 make the FXX less of a technological wonder and more of the rarity for a collector?

Comments?

Steve
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
I have seen Roger Penske's before at Wynn Ferrari in Las Vegas. I believe there are currently 2 for sale at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #3 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
There was one in STL - the owner was connected to the factory and later sold it.

Pretty cool stuff if you have the means and time.

post #4 of 29 Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
I got to see one at a car show in Austin Texas in the early summer to benefit . There happen to be two Enzo's there too. One of the Enzo's had a license plate that read "HER NZO" don't we all wish our wife's could be that cool.
Attached Images

post #5 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 76
There was an FXX at FCA 2007 and displayed at the concours. IIRC, it was also driven on the Watkins Glen track at that event. Have not seen one since then

Dan
post #6 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I went to Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale web site ...

Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale Inventory

yes, indeed they have two for sale. For a mere $2.7M for one or $2.2M for the other. I'm getting my checkbook out and heading down there! .... I wish!.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
I have seen Roger Penske's before at Wynn Ferrari in Las Vegas. I believe there are currently 2 for sale at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale.
post #7 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
I have seen about 20 of these in person racing at Spa and the Nurburgring. They are amazing to witness running - that V12 just SCREAMS!!!

I have some photos from the events that I will have to post up. Unfortunately they are on a hard drive thats somewhere between Afghanistan and Georgia.

As I recall the deal was that the owners actually BOUGHT the cars and purchase included all track support for two years at Ferrari sponsored events. Ferrari would arrange transport and provide the teams so that the owners only had to show up and drive. At the end of the two years the owners could do whatever they liked with the cars. Some of them have obviously come up for sale several times since then.

Hope this helps some.

PDG

Current Ferrari: 1985 308 GTS QV (58027) Metallic Black/Creme
post #8 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmar21 View Post
I got to see one at a car show in Austin Texas in the early summer to benefit . There happen to be two Enzo's there too. One of the Enzo's had a license plate that read "HER NZO" don't we all wish our wife's could be that cool.
Someone on another forum, said they saw an Enzo and MC12 in service bay at the Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas, when they took their Maserati in...how sweet is that!

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #9 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 332
Attempting to answer some of the questions above:

I believe there were 38 made in the end.

Owners could always take them home or do whatever they wanted with them (not take them on the road as they are not road legal) but most did leave them with the factory who then transported them to the various events for the owners. Some of the cars have never been seen at any of the track events.

They have run at a number of public events in Europe and the US (these pictures were taken by me at the World Finals in 2010 although I have seen and photographed them at many other events these were just the ones I had most easily to hand).

At least in theory, some of the technology was a test-bed for the Enzo successor which should be publically unveiled any day now. Many of the cars were also updated with an "Evo" package two or three years ago.

Jonathan
Attached Images

post #10 of 29 Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Jonathan, Do you know the specs on the EVO engines that were used in the upgrades?
post #11 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Garage
Formerly Michael Schumacher's FXX

This now belongs to a very nice man from Switzerland .

Owners could always take them home or do whatever they wanted with them (not take them on the road as they are not road legal) but most did leave them with the factory who then transported them to the various events for the owners. Some of the cars have never been seen at any of the track events.

They have run at a number of public events in Europe and the US (these pictures were taken by me at the World Finals in 2010 although I have seen and photographed them at many other events these were just the ones I had most easily to hand).

At least in theory, some of the technology was a test-bed for the Enzo successor which should be publically unveiled any day now. Many of the cars were also updated with an "Evo" package two or three years ago.

Jonathan[/QUOTE]
Attached Images

post #12 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner

According to Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale, Wikipedia, the NY Times and any other source I have found, the total number built was 30. There were 29 offered to the public and #30 was a special one for for Michael Schumacher. The current going price is over $2M.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post

post #13 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
According to Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale, Wikipedia, the NY Times and any other source I have found, the total number built was 30. There were 29 offered to the public and #30 was a special one for for Michael Schumacher. The current going price is over $2M.

Steve
I counted 34 FXXs last time I was at the factory. Therefore a total of 38 seems very likely.
post #14 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Jonathan, Do you know the specs on the EVO engines that were used in the upgrades?
Not offhand, I'm afraid. It might be in the FXX book but I don't have my copy to hand and haven't read it properly yet.

Quote:

Steve
Well I can assure you all those sources are wrong! Philip Bachman's FXX Book lists 38 cars (but doesn't give chassis numbers for all of them). I have 37 chassis numbers.

Jonathan
post #15 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
I believe it's somewhere around 850 + hp. Why buy an Enzo when you can get one of these! Seriously, the sound that car makes is insane!

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #16 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 32
Ferrari of Houston has at least one. They bring it to events around Houston and start it up for the crowds to hear. I've seen it several times. I saw a different one at the dealership once too.
post #17 of 29 Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
Well I can assure you all those sources are wrong! Philip Bachman's FXX Book lists 38 cars (but doesn't give chassis numbers for all of them). I have 37 chassis numbers.
Jonathan
38 were built. I have all the numbers. The book author was not allowed to publish further or more complete details.

Marcel Massini
post #18 of 29 Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Massini View Post
38 were built. I have all the numbers. The book author was not allowed to publish further or more complete details.

Marcel Massini
30 or 38. A pretty exclusive club. I will not likely be getting one anytime soon but would enjoy seeing one or more on the track.

Steve
post #19 of 29 Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
30 or 38. A pretty exclusive club. I will not likely be getting one anytime soon but would enjoy seeing one or more on the track.

Steve
I would imagine they will be running at a few events in the US this summer along side the 599 XXs.
post #20 of 29 Old 03-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Owner

Quote:
Now I have the FXX book in front on me I can tell you it says the EVO engines upped BHP from 800 to 860 and increased the redline from 8500 to 9500. New engine blocks wre used apparently. More details in the FXX book which is worth getting for anyone with an interest in the FXX.

Jonathan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode