Falling leaves "stint" in Switzerland - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Falling leaves "stint" in Switzerland

Great, dry weather today in Switzerland....time to take "F" for a nice long 250 km tour...probably the last long one this season. Took my hard core Ferrarista daughter with me to have a wonderful, open roof as usual drive slowly and silently towards lake of Geneva.
Car runned flawless, calm for the first 70 km's (car feels now more "balanced" engine wise after replacing some electric connectors and boxes) towards the lake overviewing Beau Rivage Hotel in Lausanne to have a Coke and a couple of "Amaretti" sweets, then 1 hour promosed hard learning and studying for school (math and meteorology, the promise of my daughter to be able to join) while the piano player in the background played those never want to miss Jazz classics. As it already can't be better than that, we went out again into the car, passing all along the lake at late afternoon, with that spectacular, dizzy fall light falling around the lake giving the impression of looking to the sea...in Switzerland.
Anyway, this time "F" need to get the "spores". Once on the Autobahn, short sprints up to 7'000 in low gears made clear that there was nothing similar around to prevent us from inhaling the fresh fall air from the front of anywhere..."F" is deep, deep and veeeery serious afficionado stuff. Promised ! As the F12 for me seems the best "very modern" F-car I still must say that the F50 is still more sensual and talking....uncomparable.
At the end, the shining moon brought us home, quite unhappy about the end of a great "falling leaves" tour.

2 pictures from today, and one advise: Try and go and drive a F50 if you ever can and write about. I would be very interested for other comments as well.
Attached Images

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Beautiful car! I think that these are the last rides that we can do in this year...at least in Europe.
Nice story and nice pics!
Thanks.

Matthew

Present: 365 GT/4 BB
post #3 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Last ride here this weekend for us too in northeast, USA. Amazing car and photo's!

post #4 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Excellent. I will now need to take my F50 out next weekend.

Great way to spend the day.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Wonderful! It was beautiful weather here in Jersey yesterday. I was missing my F's like crazy!

This will be a long, long winter.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #6 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Nice ride you have, Rolf! Always enjoyable to read your posts on F or D...
We have had lucky break with the weather here yesterday, too! We went through Kent's narrow country lanes and I was happy to sit behind Scott's wide F40 to clear the road in front...

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun

Last edited by amanderu; 11-19-2012 at 01:58 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Great, dry weather today in Switzerland....time to take "F" for a nice long 250 km tour...probably the last long one this season. Took my hard core Ferrarista daughter with me to have a wonderful, open roof as usual drive slowly and silently towards lake of Geneva.
Car runned flawless, calm for the first 70 km's (car feels now more "balanced" engine wise after replacing some electric connectors and boxes) towards the lake overviewing Beau Rivage Hotel in Lausanne to have a Coke and a couple of "Amaretti" sweets, then 1 hour promosed hard learning and studying for school (math and meteorology, the promise of my daughter to be able to join) while the piano player in the background played those never want to miss Jazz classics. As it already can't be better than that, we went out again into the car, passing all along the lake at late afternoon, with that spectacular, dizzy fall light falling around the lake giving the impression of looking to the sea...in Switzerland.
Anyway, this time "F" need to get the "spores". Once on the Autobahn, short sprints up to 7'000 in low gears made clear that there was nothing similar around to prevent us from inhaling the fresh fall air from the front of anywhere..."F" is deep, deep and veeeery serious afficionado stuff. Promised ! As the F12 for me seems the best "very modern" F-car I still must say that the F50 is still more sensual and talking....uncomparable.
At the end, the shining moon brought us home, quite unhappy about the end of a great "falling leaves" tour.

2 pictures from today, and one advise: Try and go and drive a F50 if you ever can and write about. I would be very interested for other comments as well.
You know what I think I saw you not this summer but last summer? in a long line of traffic trying to get through the Gotthard? North bound? In serious rain?

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
post #8 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Hi 212 Export,

nice photos and incomparable car! Very compliments to you, you have a good taste for the cars.
The car of my dreams would a red F50 as yours, but I can't afford, patience, I enjoy my 550.
But personal considerations aside, I think the F50 is even better than the F40 and Enzo, because the first derivative closely F1 experience, the engine is the son of legendary F1 V12 5-valve that drove mansell and prost .... ahhhhh I was 25 and dreaming the F1 .....

In my life i saw only 2 F50, one red colour in Pesaro and the second (yellow) on may when Ferrari tribute to 1000 miglia stopped in Ravenna exactly in front of my office!

Maybe I'll never have a way to guide but I'm glad that the owners like you put us aware of the great emotions that this machine.

Regards and ... gas and clutch!

Fabio
post #9 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Cold and wet here in Bratislava. Makes it easier to be car-less in one sense. In another sense I cannot wait to drive again! Most plans for next year revolve around driving. Collecting bluebird, FLED 8 etc etc...

Thanks for the inspiring write up and pics, 212Export!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #10 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner

You're very welcome. Hope you all enjoy good weather for next weekend as well !

@ Fabio: Saluti a Italia. 550 Maranello is a great car, was my 1st. Ferrari and still have it on my mind ! For me, the F50 is more special than the F40, but that said, the F 40 would be right away the next choice

@Habsy: No, sorry that couldn't be me, bought the F50 in Sep./Oct. '11.

@Gus: Ahhh following one of the nicest A..... in the car world is always a happening!

Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #11 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,328
Nice report 212 You did well to take your chance for one of the last drives of the season. I missed this chance to go for a drive as I'm in the middle of our move now, leaving the Vaud canton for the Fribourg canton. The 430 was one of the first things I moved as soon as all the snow was gone after the big quantity of snow we had already end October! And Beau Rivage is definitely a nice area to make stop and to park such car in Lausanne
post #12 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Nice report 212 You did well to take your chance for one of the last drives of the season. I missed this chance to go for a drive as I'm in the middle of our move now, leaving the Vaud canton for the Fribourg canton. The 430 was one of the first things I moved as soon as all the snow was gone after the big quantity of snow we had already end October! And Beau Rivage is definitely a nice area to make stop and to park such car in Lausanne
Thanks Stef. Where are you moving to ? (probably send a PM for that if you want).

post #13 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 45

Another excellent write up. What I love is that you are able to share these experiences with your daughter. I can imagine fewer better things than a long spirited drive with the people I love.

Thanks,

Matt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode