Finally moving to switzerland... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 815
Finally moving to switzerland...

Does anybody live there that can give me info? Like nice places to drive around! Which are the best months to drive! Taxes on the cars! Things that i should be aware of! Tip , advices , etc....
Thanx

Current:F12, F40 , F50 , Enzo , Mclaren P1
Past: 348 spider ,F430, Dino 246 GTS
Waiting: Ghost 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Suggest you send 212Export a PM, Im sure Rolf will happily assist

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,324
Welcome to Switzerland Pablo There are many lovely mountain roads all around the country. Lot's of nice mountain passes too. You'll meet on these roads a lot of European Ferrari drivers. Most of the passes are open by end June up to the beginning of October. During the winter, depending on where you'll live, it's more difficult to get your car out. As I live not very high, it's quite rare that I cannot drive my car for more than 1 month. Of course, no way to drive on the mountain roads during the winter .

The only thing you have to be aware of is that overspeeding is severely punished here. Drive at 120 km/h instead of 80 km/h and you'll get a fine which will depends on your yearly income + drive license suspension .

Car tax depends on the weight and engine power but they are very reasonnable. You can have for instance one licence plate number you can use for several cars. Of course, you can't drive all the cars at the same time because you can install the licence plates only on the one you want to drive. This is a huge advantage in terms of insurance and car tax because both will be calculated only on the most expensive/powerfull car what means that insurance/car tax on the other cars is almost for free

post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 815
Stef , thank you!!!! I will probably live in Lausanne! Tell me a little about this area. And , is the speed limit 80 kms????
I did not understand the license plate thing....... If i have 4 ferraris. For example a Dino , a 458 italia , , an F40 , and an F50 , i would only pay taxes and license plata for that one and thats it???? I can drive all my ferraris with the same license plata?????? Just unscrew and crew?????
Tell me more...........

Current:F12, F40 , F50 , Enzo , Mclaren P1
Past: 348 spider ,F430, Dino 246 GTS
Waiting: Ghost 2016.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Welcome to Switzerland Pablo There are many lovely mountain roads all around the country. Lot's of nice mountain passes too.
Apologies Steffens, When I suggested Rolf, I momentarily forgot you were in Switzerland too!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode