Prices on the rise...? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Prices on the rise...?

My theory is, that during a period of ARTIFICIALLY and politically guided low interest rates, lots of misallocations by the public takes place. I'm not saying that buying a F50 is a misallocation of funds, however I was rather surprised when I fell over this add of a low mileage F50 with Ferrari certification and a price tag of app. USD 920'000. This goes in line with the incredibly high asking price of the Dino a few days ago. Are we entering another "nuts-price" phase ?
Swiss F50's are rare and are seldom offered at the open marketplace. Interestingly one showed up 2 month ago (with a not very good history and much more mileage) and sold right away for about USD 680'000.

FERRARI F50, Occasion, Benzin, 4'599 km,CHF 858'000 - AutoScout24
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
My theory is, that during a period of ARTIFICIALLY and politically guided low interest rates, lots of misallocations by the public takes place. I'm not saying that buying a F50 is a misallocation of funds, however I was rather surprised when I fell over this add of a low mileage F50 with Ferrari certification and a price tag of app. USD 920'000. This goes in line with the incredibly high asking price of the Dino a few days ago. Are we entering another "nuts-price" phase ?
Swiss F50's are rare and are seldom offered at the open marketplace. Interestingly one showed up 2 month ago (with a not very good history and much more mileage) and sold right away for about USD 680'000.

FERRARI F50, Occasion, Benzin, 4'599 km,CHF 858'000 - AutoScout24
Ferrari's are on the rise - almost all high end goods are in demand.

The GTO's Enzo etc are pulling the Ferrari market to new levels and I believe there is a lot of room left.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Having watched the 288 GTO market for a while, it has been interesting to see the laws of supply and demand at work. For quite a while, there were very few 288 GTOs coming to market. About 6 months ago this changed and a quite a few have been coming up for sale and then changed hands quickly. Enzos are a different story, lots on the market, prices aren't moving, and very few seem to be selling. There are several that have been for sale for over a year now. Given the state of the Euro zone economies, I would guess this will change by the end of the summer.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 281
All the Enzos I see on the market right now are asking in the $1.4M range. I'm curious if you (all) have any data on what they're actually selling for? It's more than idle curiosity...
post #5 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by treynor View Post
All the Enzos I see on the market right now are asking in the $1.4M range. I'm curious if you (all) have any data on what they're actually selling for? It's more than idle curiosity...
Very good question. Hard to say as I have not seen any that have sold in the last several months. Certainly all the ones that they are asking north of GBP 700k for are not moving.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode