Enzo or the F430 - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Enzo or the F430

I have been wondering what is the fastest Ferrari super car that's around. Buddies of mine have told me that the F430 has a quick take off, but it does not climb to its top speed faster than the Enzo. I know that you have more knowledge than me, so I'm asking you which Ferrari super car is really the fastest from your experience?
FerrariNation is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
You are talking 0-[say]60, then to 100MPH?

or about a track? Lot of variables.

BTW: Welcome to FL

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
If anything, the F430 has already been comprehensively superseded by the 430S (aka Scuderia) and the 458, which can be quicker than an Enzo sometimes. The F430 can't.

The 599GTO is faster in some circumstances, and the F12 is now the latest fast Ferrari. Exactly which is fastest depends on road or track, tyres, and many other things as Granucci said.

The main thing is:

It is COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT! These cars are fast enough, and are great to drive. What more do you want?


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
You are talking 0-[say]60, then to 100MPH?

or about a track? Lot of variables.

BTW: Welcome to FL
I'm a South Florida native my friend. I am talking about 0-60, not just the track. What kind do you have?
FerrariNation is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
If anything, the F430 has already been comprehensively superseded by the 430S (aka Scuderia) and the 458, which can be quicker than an Enzo sometimes. The F430 can't.

The 599GTO is faster in some circumstances, and the F12 is now the latest fast Ferrari. Exactly which is fastest depends on road or track, tyres, and many other things as Granucci said.

The main thing is:

It is COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT! These cars are fast enough, and are great to drive. What more do you want?


Onno
I have seen and read up on the F12 which has a top speed of more than 310 mph which is nearly unheard of!

Thanks for that information, I wish you could come and explain that to my buddies seeming that your advice comes from experience. What type of Ferrari do you currently have?
FerrariNation is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariNation View Post
I'm a South Florida native my friend. I am talking about 0-60, not just the track. What kind do you have?

Not trying to to incite anything, welcome here.

As for the 'what kind do [I] have' as also for JazzyO, it's part of our signature below each of our postings:
for me see following the "-----" and the word "current", below

here is a thread that shows the track times. Of course different drivers weather etc. But it's Ferrari's official postings:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...lap-times.html
Ferrari F430 1.28.50
Ferrari Enzo (2003) 1.22.30

As for the diff. between Enzo vs F430 in a 0-60-100 : I can say without looking it's the Enzo.

But maybe this will help:


Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 04-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Granucci is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Not trying to to incite anything, welcome here.

As for the 'what kind do [I] have' as also for JazzyO, it's part of our signature below each of our postings:
for me see following the "-----" and the word "current", below

here is a thread that shows the track times. Of course different drivers weather etc. But it's Ferrari's official postings:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...lap-times.html
Ferrari F430 1.28.50
Ferrari Enzo (2003) 1.22.30

As for the diff. between Enzo vs F430 in a 0-60-100 : I can say without looking it's the Enzo.

But maybe this will help:

All beautiful vehicles! I love the Enzo and thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess now I'll just have to catch one in action.

No animosity my friend, I misinterpreted and thought that you were welcoming me to Florida rather than the forum
FerrariNation is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariNation View Post
I have seen and read up on the F12 which has a top speed of more than 310 mph which is nearly unheard of!
It's more than 210.....310 would indeed be unheard of.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariNation View Post
No animosity my friend, I misinterpreted and thought that you were welcoming me to Florida rather than the forum



HOWEVER: I originally thought your post might have been a mistype as the 458 is a rocket vs the 430 and perhaps you meant to enter that car. It is the 430's replacement.

Now the 458, against the Enzo, would be interesting. Again referring to the http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...lap-times.html, I believe the Italia could under the correct handler surpass even the FXX.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 04-27-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Granucci is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 05-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
If you look at FastestLaps.com - Road legal sportscar lap times, stats, pictures and more! you get all the info on the 458 and the Enzo for acceleration and lap times.

Enzo is faster than the 458 at Fiorino but in a straight line it appears the 458 is quicker up to around 250 kmh, where I assume the Enzo's additional power takes over. I assume the 458 is only faster because of time saved by the much more modern double clutch (and perhaps the electronics that help get the power down onto the road). It would be interesting to see in gear times.

However you look at it, it is pretty amazing that the "base" V8 Ferrari of today is as quick as the HyperCar Ferrari of just 10 years ago.
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale