Enzo - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Enzo

What is everyone's view on the Enzo these days?

There seem to be more on the market right now than I can ever remember seeing in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
The Enzo has grown on me a lot. My biggest concern is that we are now so spoilt with superfast F1 gearshifts that the Enzo's first generation eternity gear changes might not cut it. The FXX gets constant upgrades on everything so maybe an upgrade is something you could negotiate also for the Enzo gear box.

A good substitute is a Novitec Scud plus a racing prepped Dino. That would save you money as well.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post

There seem to be more on the market right now than I can ever remember seeing in the past.
As we have discussed by phone today, I believe that many Enzo's are in the hands of non-enthusiast, ready to jump on the next new Supercar which will soon be unveiled. Additional arguments against the Enzo may be that the F40 and F50's are roughly half the price, with the F50 even more rare. Also performance wise the Enzo may be something very special on fast, long straits tracks whereas a modern 458 may be as fast if not faster around a twisty track than the Enzo. Maybe ?! Another argument from the outside may be thhe "psychological - attachment" a Enzo may have regarding those many headline accidents with mayn more than questionable driver-characters involved.

All this said, I still believe that the Enzo is a fantastic driving and special looking car (there is no argument about the diversity of individual taste) and will gain its place in F-history over time (10+ years from now) for the mass and enthusiast do know already well that this car is something special along the line of the GTO, F40 and F50.

As offers are many and prices are tendencially falling, one Swiss Enzo has been offered since 2 years starting with a offering price of 1.45 Mio Swiss Franc, steady falling over time and now being offered for 930' Swiss Francs, including big full service and ferrari Classiche certification. That said, the car is first hand, delivered Fy a official Ferrari dealer (the one trustful I bought "D" from) and for resale by the same dealer. I've seen the car on 2 exhibitions and its looks just "perfect".

To get more competent for myself and realistically find out if that/a Enzo would be worthwhile to consider from a pure drivers point of view (and for being able to report to you) I will go and test drive the car tommorrow morning.
Again, the rationale behind is to find out if the difference to the other 2 Supercars (f40/50) is so very special that a build up of a string of supercar collection would not only be worthwhile for the collector status minded BUT ALSO for the astute driver who does not wants to get fooled by big names only.

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50

post #4 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
VERY interesting car, but I myself wouldn't want one. Too many other F-cars I'd rather have.

I think two primary issues are causing the increase in availability - the current market turmoil, and the fact that they're not the newest/greatest anymore. But then again, who knows. This past week, there were 8 456's listed on eBay. That had to be a record not seen since they were new. Could be nothing more than coincidence.

Just to paraphrase one of our own F-Life Gurus (Wetpet): "When the doors swing up, the panties come down." However, this may loose some of it's effectiveness depending on the age of the driver...
post #5 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Owner

Boxer, I have a gut feeling you are also looking at a McLaren F1, considering the sale of the Mosler????

Salve,
Capo

post #6 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
"When the doors swing up, the panties come down." However, this may loose some of it's effectiveness depending on the age of the driver...
The advanced age of a driver is easily compensated by the thickness of his wallet!

Salve,
Capo

post #7 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Owner
Elite Member

One other thing: It had the bad luck to come out smack dab between the F50 and the 458. As such, I think that if it did not have the name Enzo, it would be destined to be one of the more minor cars in F-history.
post #8 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
The advanced age of a driver is easily compensated by the thickness of his wallet!
Even more reason why one may not need/want an Enzo anymore....
post #9 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:

Enzo - Nice
288 GTO - 'The Daddy'

Attached Images

Last edited by t1fosI; 10-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.
post #10 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Boxer is getting an enzo!!!!

incredible car. i have only ridden in one not driven it but i want one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
I think the car has great style and being named after Enzo the car carries a lot of panache.

Not a fan of Ferrari using a similar engine in the 599.

I think you currently own the best of the best modern Ferrari's

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #12 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
Enzo - Nice
288 GTO - 'The Daddy'

Always very special and well appreciated these days. Anyone of you out there ever driven one ?

Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #13 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Enzo = 288 + F40 in price.
Enzo <<<< 288 + F40 in appeal.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #14 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Boxer, I have a gut feeling you are also looking at a McLaren F1, considering the sale of the Mosler????
Acquiring a McLaren F1 is a long term goal but definitely not happening in the near term.

While I am considering selling the Mosler, I am really not sure I want to let it go. It is a great unique car that is just so good at so many different things.
post #15 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Enzo = 288 + F40 in price.
Enzo <<<< 288 + F40 in appeal.

Onno

Not any more, really good low mile 288 GTOs are nearly equal to Enzos now in terms of price.
post #16 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
Enzo - Nice
288 GTO - 'The Daddy'

Personally a 288 GTO is not in the cards right now. I think they are now over priced and I should have bought one 3-4 years ago when i had the chance too at a very reasonable price. Design wise, they are stunning and definitely a classic, as a driver's car however, IMHO the F40 is better across all the different attributes. Hence I have a hard time shelling out nearly 2X the price of an F40 for a 288 GTO right now (I am sure in 5-10 years I will end up paying 4X for the 288 GTO)
post #17 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Not any more, really good low mile 288 GTOs are nearly equal to Enzos now in terms of price.
Hmm, really? Have Enzo's dropped? Not long ago 400k + 600k = 1 million (in Euro's).

Even so, the following equation also holds true for me.

288 >>> Enzo.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #18 of 135 Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
I think there will be a lot more once the replacement hits.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Last edited by champagne612; 10-12-2011 at 12:28 AM.
post #19 of 135 Old 10-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
I am sure in 5-10 years I will end up paying 4X for the 288 GTO
I understand your perspective. Aesthetically they are old school Ferrari and the stuff dreams were made of so I would say from an investment pov...273?

...also I think the Enzo will depreciate a little more when the 'Alfredo' or 'Piero' comes out.

post #20 of 135 Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Owner

This morning 10 am I walked in my Ferrari dealers room where the Enzo was already awaiting. I checked the car from outside, wheels (arches) engine room and front luggage room and from the inside with all those wonderful, clean details one only realized while having time to look at and digest. Firstly that Enzo is in a perfect state inside out. 8'800 km's on the clock, extremely weel taken care of...as new..as one would say.
The engined bay shows that beautiful 12 cylinder 6 litres engine, well loaded/embedded on those massive, broad longitudinal alluminium rims which work as a Chassis for the engine only (opposing to the F50 construction of fixing the engine directly into the carbon tub without any surrounding engine chassis). I was rather surprised how little space the front luggage room offers. Its about 1/10th. of the room of a 360 as the 3 tool boxes, including the wheel nut are already taking away about half of all luggage space. Now when I mention 3 toolboxes are half luggage room you easily see why people will probably not like your smell after a 3 day trip with the Enzo. Ortherwise everything made inside and outside of the Enzo is extremely beautifully made. The Carbon structure is very beautiful and shows kind of latest generation technique in a impressive way. The door handles are positioned nicely and invisible under the edge of the door. The opening of the door is smooth, easy and beautifully to look at.

Once sitting in, the seats reminded me at the leather version seats of the Challange stradale, the belts were exactly the same as those of the stradale. I adjusted the drivers seat to my best position and realizied how neat and perfectly easy overseeable the whole instruments are arranged. The steering wheel was just perfect adjusted, only the side mirrors needed to be adjusted on the middle tunnel between driver and co-driver.
Everything else ready I pushed the starting knob (again to be found on the middle tunnel). The car started with a big wooooaaahhhm and idled loud with open exhaust for 20 seconds. After that the exhaust plates (?!) closes automatically and the car idles very smoothly and much more calmer. As the lenghts from the front nose edge to the front axle is large, the next thing was activating the adaptive front suspension and lift the car to be able to drive it out of the showroom to the public street. Interestingly if you drive the car down thru the gears to first gear and stay in first gear for a couple of seconds, the car will automatically change into neutral after about 5 seconds (probably to protect the clutch)

And so on I went for the next about 60 minutes to drive the Enzo on Autobahn and smaller streets.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode