Donor Engine Arrives
A very tired and even more dirty 400i will provide the startintg point for my project. The plan is for it to be fitted with testarossa 4 valve heads.
Just to see if a 400i engine could be installed (I’d heard no) I went ahead and dropped it into the engine bay…..just in case I can’t figure out the TR head swap and have to keep the 400 heads. It looks possible but the air intake stuff on the front head is really tight to the fire wall.
The disassembly went pretty smoothly…until I got to the head which were very stuck. This is pretty common with Ferraris. The head studs don’t have a lot of clearance to the holes so any corrosion will cause the head to freeze to the stud and any coolant seepage will cause corrosion. I had to make a set of pullers to get the heads off.
|Search this Page|