Norwood - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-23-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Todd00000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: KSA
Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Norwood

NORWOOD
1,000 HP
The front fender SC stickers will go away, the rear horse will be chromed ASAP, and the windows tinted.
If Norwood didn't upgrade the drive train I will install a good differential and maybe a tranny input shaft. Also will dial back the boost to something more reasonable and long lasting.
Attached Images
                 

Last edited by Todd00000; 05-23-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Todd00000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
wetpet is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
I believe I've seen that car during the build in Dallas, it was late 80s at his shop. He also had a turbo TR motored dragster there. Keep the boost level to 5-8 psi and it will live a long time. Uses Haltech fuel only EFI if I remember?

A bunch of stuff.
P2164 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Owner
 
mk e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PA, USA
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2164 View Post
Keep the boost level to 5-8 psi and it will live a long time.
But then it will only make like 600-700hp! What fun is that?????

mk e is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2014, 04:21 AM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk e View Post
But then it will only make like 600-700hp! What fun is that?????

Dude your hell bent on breaking stuff!

A bunch of stuff.
P2164 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2014, 06:33 AM
Owner
 
bretm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2164 View Post
Dude your hell bent on breaking stuff!
Lol. I think Mark finds some sort of therapeutic chain in breaking and then fixing stuff. It's his version of the circle of life.

Very cool car, Todd. It's going to be an absolute hoot!
bretm is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 05-28-2014, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Todd00000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: KSA
Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2164 View Post
I believe I've seen that car during the build in Dallas, it was late 80s at his shop. He also had a turbo TR motored dragster there. Keep the boost level to 5-8 psi and it will live a long time. Uses Haltech fuel only EFI if I remember?
It is an 88 TR and Norwood built it, stage 4, in 2004. It uses a Motech engine management system and Motech built the wiring harness. I talked to James at Norwood yesterday, the did not replace the differential so that will be priority #1!
Todd00000 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 AM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
It is an 88 TR and Norwood built it, stage 4, in 2004. It uses a Motech engine management system and Motech built the wiring harness. I talked to James at Norwood yesterday, the did not replace the differential so that will be priority #1!
Ah this was after Bob had departed. I will say no one has the experience that Norwood has in turbo charged engines, they've been doing it for a long time. Do you know what if any internal work was done on the engine? I dropped the compression slightly on my twin turbo ferrari and added water methanol injection to help. Keep the boost down and the car should live a long happy life along with you.

A bunch of stuff.
P2164 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Todd00000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: KSA
Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2164 View Post
Ah this was after Bob had departed. I will say no one has the experience that Norwood has in turbo charged engines, they've been doing it for a long time. Do you know what if any internal work was done on the engine? I dropped the compression slightly on my twin turbo ferrari and added water methanol injection to help. Keep the boost down and the car should live a long happy life along with you.
Check out the article I posted above, the pictures and write tell the whole story. Also the gold horse will go to chrome ASAP.
Todd00000 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale