How much boost is it running Scott? Hp estimate?
Sorry for thedelay, right in the middle of posting windows re-config'd and rebooted....
dynojet numbers 541hp,410Tq 4th gear.
I've got a couple reservations on the 248x dyno, this one is the old nascar beast, heavy rollers and not the best traction, traction was a big issue. pulls were going by in ~7secs a bit fast and tire slip was causing problems, the operator kept cinching the straps down and the tires deformed. once on the road it was far far to rich. spent another day doing road tuning, better time spent I think. using acceleration data, MOI etc. and data logs the avg tq was much higher 690.89lbf-ft which falls into line with the clutch wear and damage.
dynomation5 predicted. 707hp 465tq however it lacks the rotrex maps and I can only approximate it with the V9G which I have used in the past. I've sent the rotrex data to Atherton and he said he'd work on getting that into the program. the rotrex builds boost much sooner then a vortec but not as fast a lysholm or turbo, kinda in between.
bottom line, it's nutty fun that would land you into a tree or ditch very very quickly, or getting chased by the getto bird
I'm biased but I love the COP I was able to design, the coils I really want and would work even better are not available state side that I can track at the moment, bosch motorsport will only help so much, out of Europe they are pricey at ~$140ea. CDI is so expensive I don't see the advantage.
This build was a specific one, the customer wanted north of 500hp, doable with boost but that much tq will strain and stress these old chassis to the breaking point.
an early unfortunate event was the drop gear ring nut, a previous mechanic failed to stake the nut, it backed out and the input gear and nut cut thru the aluminum case, 5mm groove in the case and the gear lost ~2mm of width. this was during one afternoon of dyno pulls, numbers were all over and the engine started getting hard to start. once the case started to leak we noticed the issue. a teardown and parts replacement and a week later it was back to more tuning. gear oil came out looking like silver paint
thankfully the metal was trapped by the magnets but the aluminum was free to coat the surfaces, all the bearings were shot. the joys of pushing the limits...