Can i repaint the interior? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Can i repaint the interior?

Can i repaint the whole interior?
dash,seats,carpets?
from black to beige?
not everything in beige except the under dash with the stearing wheel and the air condition..

to be honest i want to make something like this one
http://cerca.automobile.it/auto-inse...=1&tabNumber=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
That would be a disaster.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Nick- No way. From a lighter color to black, probably, but not the other way. And you have to dye leather, not paint it.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 550
Good leather in a 2 seater and the dash will be around 3.5k i guess to do new leather on the seats... Then you get the best result, painting is not working, i know from experience with my old Peugeot 308 CC, it was white interior, let it paint in black... Total disaster, never again!
post #5 of 8 Old 12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Nick, if you're daring there are products that can do what you're asking. The one I've used in the past is Surflex Colorant & Finish. It's good on leather and vinyl. Disclosure: while I am a man of many products I have not used this on Ferrari leather. If you have heavily soiled, cracking or worn leather you'll need to degrease, restore, condition and treat before applying the paint. Contrary to what I was thinking initially too; it's actually a paint which in theory can be stripped and reapplied if it cracks in the future. Sounds to me like a mess 10yrs from now but I have no data supporting the durability.

On the topic . . . one time, in band camp, I stuck (applied) a strong cleaner to a leather seat and used a soft brush for a deeper clean. Off came a cheaper product like that of Surflex and whaaala, a hidden treat which turned a 30min job into a weekend project to restore a seat that was painted to hide dry, cracked and dirty spots. Maybe be a trick of the sales trade for luxury cars?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Mmm nice ideas,this one with new leather is very nice i think that I start searching.How that kind of shops called? Also I want to paint the carpets as i said is this more easy or not?

Thanks again for the help,
Nick
post #7 of 8 Old 12-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 348-lover View Post
Mmm nice ideas,this one with new leather is very nice i think that I start searching.How that kind of shops called? Also I want to paint the carpets as i said is this more easy or not?

Thanks again for the help,
Nick
Nick, if the car has new leather and in very nice condition IMO I'd let it be or look for a car that the interior needs work. Painting carpets - can't offer any guidance there, not sure I'd attempt it.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

I find this shop here in Greece that make all the interior by leather in every colour you choose so i get in contact some of this days for prices.
www.rellas.gr
Also i saw some 355's and the lower one was about in 33.000euro so its a very good price.All of the cars are red with black interior so when i take in so low price i paint it every color i want interior-exterior(from red to rosso rubino-i love this colour on 355) also all the cars except from 2 are manual transmission which i love in addition with f1..

so lets see..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode