I rebuilt my gas door solenoid Mondial t conv.
My gas door solenoid wasn't working. The switch had stuck (melted on the inside) and the solenoid fried. The wire was cut to the solenoid. No problem. I bought a new switch $25 off ebay, but the solenoid was $535 something. I removed the old solenoid. I gently hammered the pin back through the case pushing the back side of the solenoid out. The coil was fried and had melted the plastic spool holding the wire almost in two pieces. I took a chance and epoxied the spool back together. I used a drill bit with a little grease to hold the the spool in place to harden. I then took a starter solenoid out of an old riding lawnmower. I carefully cut and broke the plastic off the coil. I used the lead with and the coil wire from the solenoid and recoiled my Ferrari solenoil. I used a piece of shrink tubing to insulate the wire connection from the new coil. I placed a piece of masking tape around the coil leaving about 1/2 inch of wire. I carefully scraped the thin red insullation off the coil wire and bent it so it would be pinched between the case and the backing plate as I carefully pressed and hammered the solenoid back together. I did a little cleaning and I made a tube of 180 sandpaper to smooth the inside of the plastic spool, so the cylindar would move freely. The solenoid works perfectly. Total cost to repair solenoid $0.00.