LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 102 Old 10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaz View Post
It was originally sold in Texas and spent a couple of years in Arkansas (serviced by Big Red Sports Imports Ferrari and Alfa). It then moved to Colorado in 1993 and has been here ever since (serviced by primarily by Ferrari of Denver, with recent service done by Scuderia Rampante and Gunbarrel Motors). I appear to be the 5th. owner.

Do you use it regularily (great roads in your area)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 Old 10-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 457
Beautiful 328s Joe and Jim! Drive them in good health.

Barry
post #23 of 102 Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Thanks for the favorable comments. I bought my 328 GTS in March 2010. It then had 25.3k miles on it. It now has 32k on it. I have been enjoying it.
JAF

Life is good; it's better if you're driving a Ferrari

post #24 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
My Ferrari 328 GTB s/n 58735

Hello guys.

In august this year i became the proud owner of my first Ferrari. After many Lancia's, Alfa's, Fiat's and a Maserati it was time to experience the thrills of the 'Prouncing Horse'.
Because I think the 308 GTB is one of the best car designs ever, i started my search for an early European GTB with carb's and dry-sump. I searched all over Europe to find one, but finding the right one was harder then i thought. Then a 328 GTB was offered to me almost in my backyard from a man who couldn't drive it anymore due to health problems. Funny isn't it, you travel many miles to find the right car and eventually you find that car just 50km from your house...

My car s/n 58735 is a very early 328 GTB, in fact, according to the Ferrari files and other documentation, my GTB was the first one. But there are 328 GTB's known with a lower VIN. Additional information is very much appreciated!

The car was originally sold in Italy and imported to the Netherlands in 1998 by the previous owner. It has done only 49000km. Other then a respray in the past, the car is in original unmolested condition. Paintwork and interior are mint and the car is very well maintained regardless of costs.

Model: 328 GTB
Year: 1986
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 58735
Ferrari colour: Rosso Corsa
Interior colour: Beige
Attached Images

post #25 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by elentinos View Post
Hello guys.

In august this year i became the proud owner of my first Ferrari. After many Lancia's, Alfa's, Fiat's and a Maserati it was time to experience the thrills of the 'Prouncing Horse'.
Because I think the 308 GTB is one of the best car designs ever, i started my search for an early European GTB with carb's and dry-sump. I searched all over Europe to find one, but finding the right one was harder then i thought. Then a 328 GTB was offered to me almost in my backyard from a man who couldn't drive it anymore due to health problems. Funny isn't it, you travel many miles to find the right car and eventually you find that car just 50km from your house...

My car s/n 58735 is a very early 328 GTB, in fact, according to the Ferrari files and other documentation, my GTB was the first one. But there are 328 GTB's known with a lower VIN. Additional information is very much appreciated!

The car was originally sold in Italy and imported to the Netherlands in 1998 by the previous owner. It has done only 49000km. Other then a respray in the past, the car is in original unmolested condition. Paintwork and interior are mint and the car is very well maintained regardless of costs.

Welcome to FL, elentinos. Looks like a hard core Latin cars lover. Congratulations upon your fine car. Everything sounds good. And great pics too ! w/ smiles Jimmy
post #26 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Beautiful 328 GTB elentinos, great colour combination and looks to be in timewarp condition. Enjoy her and please keep us posted on driving and ownership reports and pictures!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #27 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 AM
Owner

Thanks all, and yes, I am a real Latin cars lover. I also own a Alfa Romeo Spider 1300 Junior Coda Tronca, a Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato and a Lancia Thema IE Turbo series 1.
I'll keep you all posted on my adventures with the GTB. This winter is maintenance time, next spring i'm driving the GTB through the Alps to Italy to visit the Mille Miglia. Honestly I Can't wait...
post #28 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Thanks all, and yes, I am a real Latin cars lover. I also own a Alfa Romeo Spider 1300 Junior Coda Tronca, a Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato and a Lancia Thema IE Turbo series 1.
I'll keep you all posted on my adventures with the GTB. This winter is maintenance time, next spring i'm driving the GTB through the Alps to Italy to visit the Mille Miglia. Honestly I Can't wait...
That is a wonderful plan. Also, do tell us mortals about your other cars, when you feel like. Very interested. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #29 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 54
Congrats Elentinos!

She looks like a beauty. That's quite an Italian car collection you have. Its nice that your 328 has some Italian stablemates to keep her company. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Best regards,
Dino

1989 328GTS Red/Pelle Rosso & Crema Interior
post #30 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Congrats and a great story.

In terms of build/chassis numbers, suggest you PM jtremlett Ferrari Life - View Profile: jtremlett to see if he has any additional info. He has a huge database of chassis numbers and history.
post #31 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Hello guys.

I have a substantial data base on 328's. It is very interesting to me to see the photos of your car. According to my info it is the second 328. The only one prior I have documentation on is 56211 which as you can probably guess because of the # being way out of sequence was the prototype.

If you have any other information on other early 328's I would certainly like to see it because these data bases are living documents, they are never finished and adding or correcting based on new information is always welcomed.

I would love to know when your car was built if possible, where and when it was originally sold, etc. Outside of the VIN and what you have said here I have nothing on it.
post #32 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Owner

Hi Brian,

The only lower VIN numbers I came across are 56211 and 58687. I knew about 56211 from the register here on Ferrarilife. A fellow 328 owner in the Netherlands said that VIN 58687 is also a 328 GTB, but he did not have any proof to confirm this.
post #33 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Owner

Quote:
Hi Brian,

The only lower VIN numbers I came across are 56211 and 58687. I knew about 56211 from the register here on Ferrarilife. A fellow 328 owner in the Netherlands said that VIN 58687 is also a 328 GTB, but he did not have any proof to confirm this.

That is not impossible but 58685 and 58701 are both 308's.

I would really appreciate it if you could confirm 58687.

In Matthais Urbans book of Ferrari serial numbers yours is listed as first. Not counting of course the prototype.

It is very possible you have a very special 328.
post #34 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Owner

No i'm sorry, I can't confirm 58687. I just heard this number as a VIN for a 328. It could also be a misinterpretation.
post #35 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Owner

Quote:
No i'm sorry, I can't confirm 58687. I just heard this number as a VIN for a 328. It could also be a misinterpretation.

That is exactly why these works are never perfect and never done.

Thanks for the information.

If you do not mind I would like to keep copies of your photos with my registry. Who knows, it might get finished and published someday.
post #36 of 102 Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Owner

I don't mind at all. I wish you success with the registry.
post #37 of 102 Old 11-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Do you use it regularily (great roads in your area)?
Yes, some nice windy 2-lanes in the Boulder area, even without getting up into the mountains. I've put over 300 miles on it in the month and a half since I've got it, despite being out of town for 3 of those weeks. I had an "it looks too good to drive" crisis at first but had to remind myself that I didn't buy it to sit in the garage under its car cover. I can see how people succumb to that feeling though.

The car hadn't been driven much over the last couple of years, and I swear I can feel it getting stronger and smoother each time I drive it.
post #38 of 102 Old 11-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaz View Post

The car hadn't been driven much over the last couple of years, and I swear I can feel it getting stronger and smoother each time I drive it.
And it will. My experience has been the more you drive them, the better they run. In many cases a higher mileage car will be in much better running condition than a low mileage garage queen.
post #39 of 102 Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 122
jmaz, she's a beaut! I too am in CO and a little East of you in the Thornton/Brighton area. I've been searching for a black 328GTS for quite sometime. Know of any?
post #40 of 102 Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 64
A very fine looking group of one of the great road going Ferrari's.
Congratulations to all!

Last edited by 328turbo; 01-29-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode