Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Pre '99 V8s: GT4, 308, 328, 348, F355 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/)
-   -   355 Scuderia Shields (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/6932-355-scuderia-shields.html)

rwschumm 11-06-2007 05:12 PM

355 Scuderia Shields

I'm still looking for a 355GTS, and have a question on the Scuderia shields. From pics, I've seen some that look to be recessed into the front fender, and others that look to be just applied on top of the fenders, without a recess.

Are originals always recessed? If so, it seems there are at least a few 355s with owner-applied shields without the recess.

Also - are original shields located on both front fenders?

Thanks!
Rick

Andrew 11-06-2007 05:14 PM

Rick,

If they are recessed they are from the factory but I was under the impression this option didn't show up until the 360 Modena, if my assumption is correct then the recessed ones you see are the owners going the extra mile.

Both fenders would have them not just one.

rwschumm 11-06-2007 06:43 PM

Thanks Andrew - I was thinking the F355 Buyers Guide had mentioned the shields, and so double-checked. It mentions "Scuderia wing shields" as one of the Factory-offered options (p.6 at top). If so, would seem that the factory ones would be recessed, but I've only seen one 355 with shields in person and didn't really look closely. Hoping some folks here have seen a lot of them. :)

Rick

Vegas-Guy 11-22-2007 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of mine.

TheOnlyest 11-23-2007 10:52 PM

Andrew is correct. only the 360's and later models have the shields recessed from the factory. On the 355, shields were a dealer add-on and are simply stuck on. There was a company several years ago that was selling aftermarket 348/355 fenders with the recess, and another company that would take your fenders and stamp the recess into them... but it required you to repaint your fenders after the fact. I havnt heared anything about either of those companies in quite some time... but they may still be out there somewhere.

I have actually seen a handfull of 355's with only one shield (driver side), but they are supposed to be on BOTH sides! Theres alot of dumb Ferrari owners out there too... way more dollars than sense.

Jéré13 11-29-2007 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Rick,

I bought a 355 GTS without shield and i would like to add them on fenders.
So, i bought two shields and stuck them on fenders and i like it. In France you can find two different kinds of shield, one is only vinyle and other with resin on the vinyle wich look as " Ferrari original shields ".
Hereafter a picture of my 355 GTS :

Attachment 7173

Lee 12-25-2007 05:14 PM

Shields on 355

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOnlyest (Post 60210)
Andrew is correct. only the 360's and later models have the shields recessed from the factory. On the 355, shields were a dealer add-on and are simply stuck on. There was a company several years ago that was selling aftermarket 348/355 fenders with the recess, and another company that would take your fenders and stamp the recess into them... but it required you to repaint your fenders after the fact. I havnt heared anything about either of those companies in quite some time... but they may still be out there somewhere.

I have actually seen a handfull of 355's with only one shield (driver side), but they are supposed to be on BOTH sides! Theres alot of dumb Ferrari owners out there too... way more dollars than sense.

I have a 1999 355F1 Berlinetta and we had the shields put on as a factory option. They are recessed. I did not see them pre-99

Lee

P_uffe 12-26-2007 08:16 AM

In France you can find two different kinds of shield, one is only vinyle and other with resin on the vinyle wich look as " Ferrari original shields ".
Hereafter a picture of my 355 GTS :

Attachment 7173[/QUOTE]

Where did you find your shields? Are they on the internet?

Vegas-Guy 12-26-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panterauffe (Post 60969)
Where did you find your shields? Are they on the internet?

I got mine on ebay. Here's a link. There look just like the factory ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferrari-Cloisonn...QQcmdZViewItem

If the item ends, he will list another pair. I had them in 3 days.

Carburetti 04-10-2008 09:01 AM

I placed an order for a pair of shields yesterday after reading about a supplier on the clubscuderia forum. I was suppose to use Western Union to pay for the shields. When the transfer was ready and I just had to call Western Union to confirm my transfer, they told me they had a freud file on this supplier. Then they asked me if I wanted to complete the transfer. Yeah right!
I hope he is a fraud, or less Western Union are making it hard for him to run his business

Please help me out guys. Help me find a serious dealer of high (best) quality Scuderia Shields for my 355. I want them as soon as possible... like yesterday.

So if you know of any companies that have this in stock and will serve my order within 24 hours, let me know.

kindest regards
Claus Phillip Resberg

monza 04-25-2008 08:00 PM

Claus, check out that eBay link vagas guy posted. They are as close to the real shields if not probably better. I am looking to invest in them as well, maybe not this year but next. This year I am upgrading for performance, next year on cosmetics.

ferrari458spider 02-09-2013 05:53 AM

ferrari458spider

As far as I recollect,factory-fitted recessed shields were not available on any of the three 355s I had from new - they were brought in on the 360 and were on both fenders. Stick-on fender badges are after-market additions - if you fit them, be careful that the adhesive doesn't react with the paint finish!

MC355 02-09-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrari458spider (Post 234813)
As far as I recollect,factory-fitted recessed shields were not available on any of the three 355s I had from new - they were brought in on the 360 and were on both fenders. Stick-on fender badges are after-market additions - if you fit them, be careful that the adhesive doesn't react with the paint finish!

I just bought a pair. I think the adhesive is the same that is used to stick on the name and badges from the factory...those don't react to the paint finish

tazandjan 02-09-2013 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Easy to tell. All you have to do is look at the parts catalog, and there they are as factory options. Not the first time this has been asked. The shields first showed up on regular production cars on the 348 Challenge cars, IIRC.

Killer58 02-09-2013 11:39 AM

Taz = Encyclopedia Ferrarica :thumbsup:

Denver308 02-11-2013 10:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am offering new Scuderia fender shields.

True cloisonne shields - stainless base material with baked vitreous enamel and clear coat. Indistinguisable from original Ferrari shields in color and quality. Pre-formed to fit specific fender contours (available for many models).

Please PM me or see my ad under "Buy&Sell - Parts" if interested.

Best...Jim

Dreamer 02-18-2013 10:29 PM

The first road car from Ferrari w/ shields was the 288 GTO. I learned this from a 288 owner who researched it for his car. They were built in 1984 and '85, so it makes sense that Ferrari would offer them on regular models by the 355.

tazandjan 02-19-2013 09:01 AM

Yup, why I stated regular production cars. The supercars have had them all along the way.

MC355 02-19-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver308 (Post 235315)
I am offering new Scuderia fender shields.

True cloisonne shields - stainless base material with baked vitreous enamel and clear coat. Indistinguisable from original Ferrari shields in color and quality. Pre-formed to fit specific fender contours (available for many models).

Please PM me or see my ad under "Buy&Sell - Parts" if interested.

Best...Jim

Hi Jim

Are you selling on eBay too? If so, I think I bought mine from you recently. Like last week

If so, I can attest the shields are great and a definite must! :thumbsup:

Before shields
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbf06672e.jpg

AFTER SHIELDS
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps59c1b3bc.jpg

dave rocks 02-20-2013 06:20 AM

Anyone looking for shields would be best to search ebay too. I've located some Yoshi shields but I've seen other real good ones on ebay for as low as $40.00 a set.

ferrari fender shields | eBay