348 Tire options - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
348 Tire options

I searched the forums on this site and several others with no luck finding any threads that talk about tire choices for a 348 Spyder with stock wheels - (215/50 17 and 255/45 17) - the choices seem to be limited to Pzeros for 'premium' Max performance summer tires (I live in Texas so not much need for a A/S tire) and the likes of khumo , avon, or BF Goodrich.

Does anybody have some feedback on what they use and how it works for them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Trot
I authored a thread recetly entitled http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6690 were I got some very useful information from Magnum regarding wheel selection for the 348. I have yet to pick a design since my "Major" is due this winter making cash a little thin. I recommend discussing options with the Wheel Executive folks that sponsor this site. Also see www.asantiwheels.com , www.fikse.com , and www.hrewheels.com

My research regarding tires ends up exactly the way you would expect. respondents usually express there satisfaction with the Tire they are presently running. Some Like Michelins, some Pirelli's some Goodyear, etc... All I can say is that I'm very unimpressed with the P Zero's on my car and fully intend to experiment with another manufacturer. The P Zero's break loose with very little if any warning, tend to follow road ruts, and seem very "grainey" in there wear characteristics. I hate them. Looking for a good Z rated dry summer tire with a harder compound since I don't drive in the rain(unless surprised), don't do burnouts, only corner hard occasionally, and store the car in the winter.

Let me know if you stumble across some good or useful info.

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 11-03-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode