308 Electrical Problem - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
308 Electrical Problem

Hi Guys,
I seem to have a problem with the 308gts. Cruising through the vinyards recently, having a great time with the wife (without the kids for a change!), I turn off and the indicator fails to work. I stop and the electric windows fail to go up. I then check the windscreen wipers (yes, no go). So I retreat back to the garage. Everything else seems to work. Checked the fuses, all appear good. I'm guessing it must be some sort of electrical problem as I wouldn't think all these these items would cease to work at the same time. Has anyone had the same problem or hazard a guess?
Regards
Argento308
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento308 View Post
Hi Guys,
I seem to have a problem with the 308gts. Cruising through the vinyards recently, having a great time with the wife (without the kids for a change!), I turn off and the indicator fails to work. I stop and the electric windows fail to go up. I then check the windscreen wipers (yes, no go). So I retreat back to the garage. Everything else seems to work. Checked the fuses, all appear good. I'm guessing it must be some sort of electrical problem as I wouldn't think all these these items would cease to work at the same time. Has anyone had the same problem or hazard a guess?
Regards
Argento308
Try checking the relay for the turn signals, and check to see if the fuses are making good contact and swap the relays. Also check the wiring to see if they came loose and when you pull the relays clean them with a good electrical cleaner.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Mauro View Post
Try checking the relay for the turn signals, and check to see if the fuses are making good contact and swap the relays. Also check the wiring to see if they came loose and when you pull the relays clean them with a good electrical cleaner.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.
Regards
Argento308

post #4 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 112
Hello.
I would also check the complete fuse rack, what I have read about the 308 is that the fuse box / rack or whatever you call it in English, is known as one off the electrical gremlins that usually fails in the 308.
The whole rack with the copper rails distributing the power to the fuses is assembled with rivets.
After a few years they will loosen with bad connections as a result, and that means higher current and heat which is bad. This could be the reason why you blew a fuse.
Feel free to correct me if Iím wrong.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Here's the thread from when I changed out my fuse panel:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5246

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Here's the thread from when I changed out my fuse panel:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5246
I have installed them also, it improve the electrical system.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
Hello.
I would also check the complete fuse rack, what I have read about the 308 is that the fuse box / rack or whatever you call it in English, is known as one off the electrical gremlins that usually fails in the 308.
The whole rack with the copper rails distributing the power to the fuses is assembled with rivets.
After a few years they will loosen with bad connections as a result, and that means higher current and heat which is bad. This could be the reason why you blew a fuse.
Feel free to correct me if Iím wrong.
Thanks for that. I checked all the relays and the fuse rack. I found the problem in the fuse rack. Cheers.
argento308

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode