308 Electrical Problem - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 29
308 Electrical Problem

Hi Guys,
I seem to have a problem with the 308gts. Cruising through the vinyards recently, having a great time with the wife (without the kids for a change!), I turn off and the indicator fails to work. I stop and the electric windows fail to go up. I then check the windscreen wipers (yes, no go). So I retreat back to the garage. Everything else seems to work. Checked the fuses, all appear good. I'm guessing it must be some sort of electrical problem as I wouldn't think all these these items would cease to work at the same time. Has anyone had the same problem or hazard a guess?
Regards
Argento308
argento308 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Owner
 
D.Mauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fl
Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento308 View Post
Hi Guys,
I seem to have a problem with the 308gts. Cruising through the vinyards recently, having a great time with the wife (without the kids for a change!), I turn off and the indicator fails to work. I stop and the electric windows fail to go up. I then check the windscreen wipers (yes, no go). So I retreat back to the garage. Everything else seems to work. Checked the fuses, all appear good. I'm guessing it must be some sort of electrical problem as I wouldn't think all these these items would cease to work at the same time. Has anyone had the same problem or hazard a guess?
Regards
Argento308
Try checking the relay for the turn signals, and check to see if the fuses are making good contact and swap the relays. Also check the wiring to see if they came loose and when you pull the relays clean them with a good electrical cleaner.
D.Mauro is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Mauro View Post
Try checking the relay for the turn signals, and check to see if the fuses are making good contact and swap the relays. Also check the wiring to see if they came loose and when you pull the relays clean them with a good electrical cleaner.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.
Regards
Argento308
argento308 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 AM
 
Abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Ferrari Life Posts: 112
Hello.
I would also check the complete fuse rack, what I have read about the 308 is that the fuse box / rack or whatever you call it in English, is known as one off the electrical gremlins that usually fails in the 308.
The whole rack with the copper rails distributing the power to the fuses is assembled with rivets.
After a few years they will loosen with bad connections as a result, and that means higher current and heat which is bad. This could be the reason why you blew a fuse.
Feel free to correct me if Iím wrong.
Abarth is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Here's the thread from when I changed out my fuse panel:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5246

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Owner
 
D.Mauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fl
Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Here's the thread from when I changed out my fuse panel:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5246
I have installed them also, it improve the electrical system.
D.Mauro is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
Hello.
I would also check the complete fuse rack, what I have read about the 308 is that the fuse box / rack or whatever you call it in English, is known as one off the electrical gremlins that usually fails in the 308.
The whole rack with the copper rails distributing the power to the fuses is assembled with rivets.
After a few years they will loosen with bad connections as a result, and that means higher current and heat which is bad. This could be the reason why you blew a fuse.
Feel free to correct me if Iím wrong.
Thanks for that. I checked all the relays and the fuse rack. I found the problem in the fuse rack. Cheers.
argento308
argento308 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale