Capristo vs Tubi on 355 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Capristo vs Tubi on 355

I want to put an aftermarket exhaust on my 1995 355 GTS, but I don't want the exhaust to be too loud.

Which is better, a Capristo or a Tubi?

Which has the better quality of sound?

If using a Capristo, which would be better, Level 1 or 2?

Thanks,

Enzo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
You ask a very difficult question that comes down to personal taste more than anything. I've heard the Capristo on a 360 and it was a lower pitched sound than the Tubi on a 360. I can't say the same would then be true of the F355 but its a safe bet.

I would try to find someone in your area with both or go to a local owners club event to try and hear them if you can.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Both sound great, but from what I have heard the Capristo's have a higher shriek than the Tubi's therefore closer to an F1's sound.

Like Andrew mentioned, its a personal preference. I like the Tubi's since I have them, but if given a choice, I would install the Capristo's.

Here are some links for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtd2...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiCx...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFW1n...elated&search=

this is the best one i have found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Q-SxkKWqA

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Cool clips, Monza. Sounds like the Capristo would definitely give you some trouble now and then, and not make you too popular with the neighbours. The Tubi in my 550 gives me frowns and signs of annoyance now and then, and we all know the F355 is a lot more screamish.

I think the Capristos in the clips sound wonderful, but I wouldn't like it on long drives. IMHO.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
I think the Capristos in the clips sound wonderful, but I wouldn't like it on long drives.
Are you kiddin me, I took a drive today, wishing it would be longer, but had to get home for football. But in any case, my exhaust notes are music all the time to my ears. I actually turned the cd playing in the car to appreciate the sound of my 40 valves screaming in unison. I can't wait till I put in those hyper-flow cats.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I was talking about 1200km in a day on the motorway kind of drive - traditional European continent crushing. But sure, if you think that's still a blast (pun intented), then by all means. To each his/her own. For me the Tubi is perfect because it is quiter at 2000 - 3000 revs so I can settle in VI at 120kms/75mph an hour when in heavy traffic or speed camera zones. It's not a MUTE switch, it's just a bit more comfortable for long drives at steady revs.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 8 Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Gotta be Capristo

Guys... I have a F355 spider de-catted and used to have a tubi... nothing is wrong with them, but always loud and boomy in my opinion... if anything is going to annoy the neighbours the tubi will. My girlfriend couldn't wait the time it took me to open the garage door without getting paranoid about the noise the tubi made.

I since have bought a capristo level 1... and let me tell you.... it is so crazy awesome it is unreal! At low revs the car is fairly quite... just makes a really smooth Ferrari hum and then when the throttle is opened at a low speed it roars... when you get it above 4,500 RPM oh my god... you feel like Michael Schumacher... the noise is so much like an F1 car its unreal. If you have the choice the caps is the one to have. Although you will open her up more, just to hear her scream!

Im just moving to a 360 and wouldn't even consider the tubi unless it comes with it on already. anyone interested in the 360 with a capristo needs to check out "the cparisto beast" on You tube.

Enjoy!

Chris
post #8 of 8 Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris355spider View Post
when you get it above 4,500 RPM oh my god... you feel like Michael Schumacher... the noise is so much like an F1 car its unreal.
That comment just put a smile to my face. I know that feeling.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode