Ft Lauderdale - 1996 F355 Spyder - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
Ft Lauderdale - 1996 F355 Spyder

I am new to this site and would appreciate your comments.

I just purchased a 1996 f355 Spyder (31,000miles) . I had a PPI done and had some minor things corrected ( engine struts replaced; folding top corrected etc.) So far it runs great. I would like to know the following:

I plan on driving REGULARLY it on the weekends ONLY ( 30 miles or so each weekend).

I also plan on starting it once a week durning the week days.

I also plan on following the regularly maintenance schedules RELIGIOUSLY

Is this enough to keep the car in tune and prevent serious mauintenance issues from occurring?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thank you

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Hi Ron, and welcome. I am also new in this forum,since I havebeen actively participating at Ferrarichat forum.

You have the right mindset and committed to take care of your car, which sounds really good. You definitely need to use the car and enjoy it. Do you know who did the PPI? Where did you buy the car from?

If you ever need help with your car, please feel free to contact me or stop by our shop in the Doral area.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Florida 1996 F355

Tnank you for your response

I got the Ferrari from the New Auto Toy Store. Had it checked out by an independent down the road.

If I am not mistaken, I believe you guys may have fixed the convertible top.

So far ...so good.

Again,

Thank you

post #4 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
F355

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl128 View Post

I also plan on starting it once a week durning the week days.
Just a little advice :

If you start the car you have to drive it. If you only start the engine without driving it on the road it is not good for your car. It's better to drive it only during the week end and not to touch it during the week.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Ft lauderdale 1995 F355 spyder

Fabrizio:

Thank you for the advice.

Would you be so kind as to explain this however?

I am rather new to Ferraris and would really appreciate to learn as much as possible from someone who has more experience than me.

Again...thank you for your response and PLEASE let me know the logic behind your feedback.

Most sincerely,

Ron
post #6 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio Carugati View Post
Just a little advice :

If you start the car you have to drive it. If you only start the engine without driving it on the road it is not good for your car. It's better to drive it only during the week end and not to touch it during the week.

I agree with Fabrizio. The ideal situation is to drive the car so you have all parts (mechanical and electrical parts) working and not getting used to be sitting down. If you cannot drive the car, the best is to rev up the engine to 3k rpm so you get full power and charge to the battery.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Tnank you for your response

I got the Ferrari from the New Auto Toy Store. Had it checked out by an independent down the road.

If I am not mistaken, I believe you guys may have fixed the convertible top.

So far ...so good.

Again,

Thank you
I kind of recognized the car and know who did the PPI. Let me know if you need any help or service in the future. Or you are more than welcome to stop by the shop, and we can provide you with some advise for car and maintaining the car.

Enjoy the ride.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Maranello Racing

Thank you so much for the advice.

You say you know the car and know who did the PPI.

Given that, can you give me an objective opinion of the car, the PPI or the place I bought it from.

I am looking for as much info as possible regarding 1996 F355.

As crazy as it sounds, I have no family.... and feel that this car is my baby...and will treat as such.

I just do not want any problems....I am willing to do what ever it takes to keep this car in the best of shape.

Thank you so much for getting back to me...and bless you !

Kindest regards,

Rom
post #9 of 10 Old 07-04-2007, 04:06 PM

[quote=ronaldl128;53736]

Rom, no problem. Why don't you call me tomorrow (305-470-3667) so you can stop by our shop tomorrow or friday and I can have you speak with one of our Ferrari experts, and ask all the questions or doubts you have regarding this car. He was the one who actually fixed and retrained the convertible top on your 355 with our SD1. We will provide you with honest recommendations on how to maintain and take care of your new toy.

I am really surprised that the New Auto Toy Store did not provide you with our contact information in case you needed help?

Wil
post #10 of 10 Old 07-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Quote:
Fabrizio:
Thank you for the advice.
Would you be so kind as to explain this however?
I am rather new to Ferraris and would really appreciate to learn as much as possible from someone who has more experience than me.
Again...thank you for your response and PLEASE let me know the logic behind your feedback.
Most sincerely,
Ron
I'm not good enough in English to explain it properly in simple or technical terms. When you start the engine it produces condensation and if you don't drive your car and put the engine under pression with oil and everything it is worst than if you didn't start it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode