Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Pre '99 V8s: GT4, 308, 328, 348, F355 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/)
-   -   hi all question regarding 308 gts (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/5989-hi-all-question-regarding.html)

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 01:24 AM

hi all question regarding 308 gts

just drove out the 308gts today.. it was really nice, fired right up .. this car has 9000 original miles on it.. i noticed all 4 wheels make a clunk sound everytime i drive over a small dip or rough surface .. i know the bushings are bad but dont know exactly which bushing ? can anyone help me out with this or should i take some pictures? thanks guys in advance.. i know nothing about ferraris.. i will post some pictures soon!

charles

Andrew 04-26-2007 03:02 AM

charles,

If you can get a few photos that would be great. How long since this car was driven? I am guessing you will need to do some other majors to get it running well.

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO (Post 50727)
charles,

If you can get a few photos that would be great. How long since this car was driven? I am guessing you will need to do some other majors to get it running well.

my uncle hasn't drove it for about 5-6 years.. it drives fine.. real smooth.. just i think bushings are all cracked... any other service i might need to do? i checked the gear oil and engine oil.. very clean..

artie03053 04-26-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifeelsooblue (Post 50722)
just drove out the 308gts today.. it was really nice, fired right up .. this car has 9000 original miles on it.. i noticed all 4 wheels make a clunk sound everytime i drive over a small dip or rough surface .. i know the bushings are bad but dont know exactly which bushing ? can anyone help me out with this or should i take some pictures? thanks guys in advance.. i know nothing about ferraris.. i will post some pictures soon!

charles

Charles,

Sounds like the Koni shocks to me.

I have the same problem but on the rear.:( Same clunking sound.

Will be installing new shock/springs soon and i'll let you know if it took care of the problem.

Boxer 04-26-2007 01:36 PM

All the rubber hoses might need replacing, along with the gaskets, belts etc. In fact I would not drive it until I had new cambelts fitted.

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 50756)
All the rubber hoses might need replacing, along with the gaskets, belts etc. In fact I would not drive it until I had new cambelts fitted.

boxer ur right.. i just checked some hoses.. they are pretty bad.. i am going to replace all of the hoses.. as well.. ill take some pictures.. later on today ..

by the way.. is there a website that sells ferrari gts parts for a reasonable price?

thanks again!

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifeelsooblue (Post 50758)
boxer ur right.. i just checked some hoses.. they are pretty bad.. i am going to replace all of the hoses.. as well.. ill take some pictures.. later on today ..

by the way.. is there a website that sells ferrari gts parts for a reasonable price?

thanks again!

i want to add that this car has parked in a garage, covered, where the temperature has been controled.. i checked all of the belts it seems like its brand new.. still in very good condition.. no cracks..

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie03053 (Post 50755)
Charles,

Sounds like the Koni shocks to me.

I have the same problem but on the rear.:( Same clunking sound.

Will be installing new shock/springs soon and i'll let you know if it took care of the problem.

really ? i would think is some bushings or maybe the upper plate on the shock.. yes please let me know..

thanks

archiegibbs 04-26-2007 02:15 PM

You should seriously change the belts ASAP, even if they look brand new as they degrade over time, and if one snaps and your pistons end up smashed on your cylinder head, the repairs to the engine will cost you more than the car is worth, and you won't be able to give it way

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archiegibbs (Post 50762)
You should seriously change the belts ASAP, even if they look brand new as they degrade over time, and if one snaps and your pistons end up smashed on your cylinder head, the repairs to the engine will cost you more than the car is worth, and you won't be able to give it way

well i want to change the belts but where can i buy them ? do you guys use a specific website to buy the parts? where is reasonable? please advice

thank you!

artie03053 04-26-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifeelsooblue (Post 50761)
really ? i would think is some bushings or maybe the upper plate on the shock
thanks

Did you check to see if any of your shocks are leaking?

Yes, my bushings are in rough shape too, but that's the winter project. I want to get out and.....:drive:

Long winter. :)

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie03053 (Post 50764)
Did you check to see if any of your shocks are leaking?

Yes, my bushings are in rough shape too, but that's the winter project. I want to get out and.....:drive:

Long winter. :)

shocks arent leaking.. at all..thats why i tend to think its not the shocks..

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 02:54 PM

just called a ferarri dealership in beverly hills CA.. they want 10 gran to do everything.. i think they are blowing it way out of proportion.. .......

artie03053 04-26-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifeelsooblue (Post 50768)
just called a ferarri dealership in beverly hills CA.. they want 10 gran to do everything.. i think they are blowing it way out of proportion.. .......

The belts and bearings done threw a dealer or Independent vary big time.

You have to find someone in your area that has done Ferrari belts. It wont be cheap.:(

Bushings can be done by any good mechanic.

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 05:24 PM

some quick photos i took today

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 05:25 PM

more

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 05:27 PM

and 2 more..

artie03053 04-26-2007 06:51 PM

Very nice!

That's a beauty!

Wow, talk about clean and original.

ifeelsooblue 04-26-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie03053 (Post 50778)
That's a beauty!

Wow, talk about clean and original.

i bet its a great car onces i do some service on it.. but i am so busy.. i was thinking of just selling it.... all these years it was under a cover.. started it every 2 weeks or so .. but really it hasn't been on the road for about 6 years.. thats why i noticed all the bushings are worn out.. everything else .. welll its practically new.. this car never even seen a drop of rain before.. usually we just wax it and shammy it ..

artie03053 04-26-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifeelsooblue (Post 50779)
i bet its a great car onces i do some service on it.. but i am so busy.. i was thinking of just selling it.... all these years it was under a cover.. started it every 2 weeks or so .. but really it hasn't been on the road for about 6 years.. thats why i noticed all the bushings are worn out.. everything else .. welll its practically new.. this car never even seen a drop of rain before.. usually we just wax it and shammy it ..

You should be able to get good money. It's got a different color, instead of red, which some people will like.

But without the "major" on the belts some people will offer way less then it's worth. So you might have to factor that in your price.

Good luck with selling her.:)