F355 Questions - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-21-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
F355 Questions

Okay, totally Newbie questions I'm sure but here we go.

So far I've seen that the only difference between the Berlinetta model and the GTS model F355's is that the GTS has a targa roof, and the Berlinetta does not. Is that correct? If so, my only issue with that is: Where the "f" do you put the targa section?

Also, is there a difference between the F355's that have the black backing around the tailights and the ones that do not? Personally, I find that that small feature really brings out the classic Ferrari tails but hey, what do I know, I'm a Hyundai guy.

Within the next couple of years I hope to purchase a GTS or Berlinetta, so I'm just getting my feet wet here, and those two questions have been buggin me since I surfed onto the site. Thanks

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
The top stores behind the seats. It really takes up no room.

I think you'll like the 355 better than the Hyundai.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 17 Old 07-22-2006, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

^ LOL

Yeah, in terms of driving I hope so. But in terms of overall liking the vehicle. I loved my Tiburon. Made it my own ya know?

What about the rear grille, I noticed something about the Challenge cars and that they had different grilles, does that refer to the rear one that surrounds the tail-lights or a grille on the front of the car?

post #4 of 17 Old 07-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
The Challenge cars do have different rear grills. The one other difference between the GTS and Berlinetta is that the Berlinetta has a stiffer body and therefore handles slightly better. The only place you would notice the difference is on a track pushing the limits.
post #5 of 17 Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Okay so if I want one that has the same rear end as "tonyh" on this forum, I'll need to look for the challenge car. Makes sense, hopefully they aren't too rare.

I don't think I'll be tracking until I really make some coin, but that is something to think about. GTS it is!!!

Thanks alot guys. Very much appreciated.
post #6 of 17 Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pwn1soon
Okay so if I want one that has the same rear end as "tonyh" on this forum, I'll need to look for the challenge car. Makes sense, hopefully they aren't too rare.

I don't think I'll be tracking until I really make some coin, but that is something to think about. GTS it is!!!

Thanks alot guys. Very much appreciated.
No, you don't have to look for a Challenge car. You can buy any F355 and ask the garage to put a "challenge" grill on the back. I've done this too with my F355. Costs: around 1200$ (in the netherlands).

My F355 with a normal back

My F355 with a challenge grill

I have a GTS too and you can put the roof behind the seats
post #7 of 17 Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

WOW

That is the HOTNESS!!

I've been in love with the F355 since the Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit came out.

:drool:

I love the look that the challenge grills give the back of the car. Simply beautiful.

Thanks so much for clearing that up Mike.
post #8 of 17 Old 08-23-2006, 08:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Other than cosmetics have you noticed any positive effects in making the change?
post #9 of 17 Old 10-03-2006, 07:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
challange grill really changed a car 2.pic at the rear side looking very hot..
post #10 of 17 Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Challange grill all the way!
post #11 of 17 Old 11-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantagenet
Other than cosmetics have you noticed any positive effects in making the change?
They have a positive effect on engine cooling, it allows easier egress of the hot air surrounding the engine, and a faster flow of cooling air. There are companies that also make A/M Carbon Fibre Challenge Grills.

Argento
post #12 of 17 Old 11-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantagenet
Haven't noticed it but they say it keeps the engine cooler (makes sense to me cause you can see the engine thru the challenge grill)
post #13 of 17 Old 11-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
If you wanted something a bit special and something that has a bit of rarity value, but still a 355....355 Serie Fiorano

Only 100 made, all originally went into the US, although a few have found there way back to Europe.

Do a bit research, you might be lucky ?

Argento
post #14 of 17 Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Wow

Hey Mike aka Bike, that looks great!

I'm looking for a 550 but the 355 is also still on my radar. Since I live in Holland, I'd love to know where you had the work done.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #15 of 17 Old 02-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Hey Mike aka Bike, that looks great!

I'm looking for a 550 but the 355 is also still on my radar. Since I live in Holland, I'd love to know where you had the work done.

Onno
Hey Onno,

I've bought my 355 at kroymans in Hilversum. www.ferrari.nl is their website. They also fitted the tubi exhaust and the challenge grill (it was part of the deal).
post #16 of 17 Old 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike aka Bike View Post
Hey Onno,

I've bought my 355 at kroymans in Hilversum. www.ferrari.nl is their website. They also fitted the tubi exhaust and the challenge grill (it was part of the deal).
Thanks Mike, I know them well enough. My brother's 328 was purchased there and I used to go and stare at the Ferraris through the windows back in the 80's when I was at school 6km from them.

BTW, when my brother sold his Ferrari back to them (with not a scratch on it!), they claimed it had been resprayed. It may have been, but in that case they withheld the truth when they sold it to him. Not very nice. When you're a customer, they're fantastic, but there's no love lost when you leave them. Just a little warning, it may have been a once-off thing.

[Edit: DUH! I should have recognised the shop from your photo!]

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by JazzyO; 02-16-2007 at 12:33 PM.
post #17 of 17 Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Sweet 355. I'm drooling.

Did you get this 355 used. If you did, can you post under the thread I started under ferrari discussion any stories you mind sharing.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode