02' Maserati spyder CC x 98' 355 F1 GTS? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-06-2006, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
02' Maserati spyder CC x 98' 355 F1 GTS?

Hello Guys...

If it's not for daily basis.... what would you say about those cars...besides that CC is more confortable and the 355 more exotic?

thanks!

PK.

"If you can dream, you can make it happen".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
The F355 with smaller and lighter and will feel much quicker and nimble because of this. The Maserati is a heavier GT car with a bigger interior.

If it wasn't a daily driver I would go with the F355 if the cost of repair isn't an issue for you. The F355 will cost more in the shop than the Maserati. The resale of the F355 will be more.

Also be sure to ask the owners at Maserati Life their opinion at www.maseratilife.com
post #3 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot!

Is the ride much cheaper and (really much) more confortable w/ the Maser?

W/ one do you guys think that catch people's eyes the most?

See ya..

Last edited by azpinator; 07-09-2006 at 09:55 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
CDF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
I own both a Maserati Coupe CC and Ferrari F355 Spider (manual). The Maserati has nicer interior trim, but the Ferrari seems light years ahead in all other areas--looks, speed, handling, sound, even ride comfort.

The F355 is a hardcore race car, but miraculously treats the driver to a kind of velvety sweetness in comparison to the Maserati CC, which feels heavy and raucous as one works the gears.

I guess as long as they are on Ferrari's leash, Maserati cannot make cars as special as any modern Ferrari, including the F355.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-08-2006, 04:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 293
PK,

Here are the less than positive comments. As i recall, the 2002 Maser Spyder has a chassis that flexes easily. During my test drive of the Maser Spyder it was easy to detect this defect, and Maser fixed it in later models. Another factor is the first year of ANY car can be riddled with small things that get 'fixed' in later generations.

While i feel the 355 is a 'better' car than the Maser, beware the known header problem. Ferrari refuses to recognize this and replace them as a defect, as this is part of the emissions system and should under US law covered under warranty.

On the positive side, the Maser interior and ride comfort are smooth. It is no track car and, frankly, an average sports car that has very low visibility (bling). These can be very good things. If you like GPS Navagation built-in to your Maser, forget the Maser system. Everyone i spoke with who has it says it is lackluster.

The 355 is a Ferrari and as such, you get performance and style. My choice would be the 355 and just be aware of the header problems so plan to have $5k or so in the bank to replace them from time to time.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-09-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

thanks a lot!

Itīs great... thank you !

bye!!

post #7 of 9 Old 08-25-2006, 09:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Yesss!!! I think F355 is better!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
I have driven both and despite the Maserati being 7 years newer thought that the F355 was the more advanced car in terms of perfromance. It handles better, accelerates better, stops better, steering was about the same. Interior is personal preference but I also preferred the F355 in this area as well. F355 will probably cost a bit more to run but not a huge difference.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 250
As much as i like ferrari's a bit better than Maserati's,
This Maserati CC spyder happens to be better than the Ferrari 355.
Here's why...
The exterior is the main point, the acceleration power mentioned before is slightly better and also the interior thanks to modern design of several years ahead is 100% better looking!
Even the 360 Modena doesn't look as good as this...
The maserati Spyder CC 2002 is way out of the F430's league!:drive:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode