355 hunt still on...anyone know this one ? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2006, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
355 hunt still on...anyone know this one ?

hi again.. armed with all your useful advise my 355 hunt still continues...
a couple of weeks ago drove over a 100 miles to see one... and half way through as my wife was playing with the owners cute 5 year old son... he lets on to the fact that when daddy bought the car.. he put it in a ditch and the car "broke" but daddy fixed / painted it very nicely . This was followed by him walking over and pointing out exactly where it "broke"... car had freshly painted front bumper AND *front wings*. I made a polite excuse and left fearing the well being of the sweet kid.. if I said any more...

Now.. i've seen another one on www.autotrader.co.uk .... red 355 gts LHD for just under 32K. Does anyone know this car ?? (please do a national search on 355's of over 30K and it will appear on the first page amongst the first 5 cars.) owner has had it for 4 years and imported it himself from germany. does this money sound right.. or is it cheap ? it says the car has got rear wheel spacers ?? what are these ?.. I would need to do 400 mile (!) round trip to see this car... so if you guys can shed some light on it... it may save me a lot of time / effort...

cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-21-2006, 04:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
I don't know the specifics of the car but I do know what wheel spacers are. As long as they don't change in Ferrari terms, they are peices of metal that are placed between the wheel hub and the rim to push the wheel out to remove wheel gap or compensate for aftermarket wheels/tires.

We sometimes had to use these with our Tiburons due to a Captive Rotor Setup

Hope that helps, good luck with the search. I too am looking for a 355 Berlinetta.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode