308 GTB Seats, Opinions ? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-24-2006, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
308 GTB Seats, Opinions ?

My 308 GTB is currently fitted with after market sport seats. I keep going back and forth on swapping them out for a set of the originals. Opinions ?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-24-2006, 06:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer
My 308 GTB is currently fitted with after market sport seats. I keep going back and forth on swapping them out for a set of the originals. Opinions ?
If you track, sport seats. The stock seats and seat belts are horrid IMHO for 'proper' use. AT least for me as i slid around in the stock seats, and the stock seat belts are WAY TOO OLD to even qualify as being 'good.'

FYI: race seats belts, like stock, have a limited life span and need to be replaced every few years or so. This is not me saying it, but the rules in many pro race leagues.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Both great, depending on use

I believe both are great, depending on the use and personal taste. The original seats are probably more comfortable and giving for longer cruising down highway and such, but you do not get the holding as much. Sports seats are superior in holding, thus more desirable for tracks and fast cornerings, if that is your desires. I have two cars w/ sports seats as standard. They look great, but since I do not race or zip corners at over 150km/hr I do not need them. But they're standard so that is that. For looks to impress and drool, go for the sports. But if you're more of a purist, stay w/ the original retrimmed w/ more exciting color. Jimmy

post #4 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 205
On that particular car, sports seats definitely. They suit the overall aggressive look of the car. If cost is no issue, then I would get them retrimmed in black and red leather daytona style. Have a look at these guys for some ideas

http://www.gahh.com/

Greg

Current: 365GTC/4 #15709
Previously: 246GTS #07772, 365GT4/BB #17915
post #5 of 8 Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Personally I like those aftermarket seats, but it all depends on what you're doin with the car. If you want to take it to shows, put in the original seats, you want to drive it aggressively or take it to the track, leave aftermarkets ones in. I like the look of those, red/black, very nice!
post #6 of 8 Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Personally I like those aftermarket seats, but it all depends on what you're doin with the car. If you want to take it to shows, put in the original seats, you want to drive it aggressively or take it to the track, leave aftermarkets ones in. I like the look of those, red/black, very nice!
Madam 308, Thanks! The sports seats are staying for now. As I am not a "show" type, no need to do the switch. If the opportunity presents itself, hopefully the 308 GTB will see some track time next summer. Cheers
post #7 of 8 Old 09-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
I agree with Sandra, those sport seats are more fitting to the overall look of your car.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #8 of 8 Old 09-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gma365
On that particular car, sports seats definitely. They suit the overall aggressive look of the car. If cost is no issue, then I would get them retrimmed in black and red leather daytona style. Have a look at these guys for some ideas

http://www.gahh.com/

Oooohhhh recovered in daytona style red/black leather!! Now that'd be wicked awesome lookin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode