F355 10 years and still learning - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-18-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 379
10 years and still learning

So today went for a nice drive and learned a couple new things.

Number one do not ever put your F1 in automatic. I did for the first time and after 10 years of defending the F1 i will never use auto again. Unless you are driving very slow with minimal throttle its terrible. I even tried driving hard and that was much worse, Ha Ha.

F1s are ment to be paddle shifted by design for sure. I think if the truth be know and maybe some veterans here know i feel Ferrari thought afterwards hey we can make this kinda like an automatic. I do suspect the drive by wire cars are much better in automatic mode. Still love the F1 though.

Our park lights do not shut off with the key. I found this interesting, the alarm kznows this though and will beep 4 times when arming to tell you there is a problem.

Last thing i found out is from a 50 km rollon start (on an abandon airport) our cars are even faster than a supercharged Hellcat with700 hp right up to 200 km, which is when i slowed down. That was kinda cool. Also everytime the Hellcat shifted gears i gained maybe 4 inches and everytime the F1 shifted it didnt appear to lose any ground.
This is at an elevation of about 2200 ft, not bad for a 20 year old normally aspirated design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode