Any info of the F355 Challenge ? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Any info of the F355 Challenge ?

I can't find any info of the F355 Challenge.
Can anyone tell me what's the different between the F355 and the Challenge? Any link or spec/info are great too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
a challenge is the racing version of the street car. It is not streetlegal as far as I know
post #3 of 37 Old 12-20-2005, 03:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
a challenge is the racing version of the street car. It is not streetlegal as far as I know
Technically speaking, 1995's can be street legal.

FWIW, there are all kinds of differences: brakes, exhaust, roll bar, etc.

Just the facts...

post #4 of 37 Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Thx!! Anymore ?? Someone told me the F355 Challenge doesn't have HANDBRAKE! Is it real ??
post #5 of 37 Old 12-20-2005, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariluk
Thx!! Anymore ?? Someone told me the F355 Challenge doesn't have HANDBRAKE! Is it real ??
That is true. Not only does it not have the brake in the cockpit but the rear brakes cannot accept one either.

I don't know what else you want to know but there are many differences. If you ask me specifics I can tell you. I sold my 355 recently so I can't think of them all off hand at the moment.

Just the facts...
post #6 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Jones
Quote:
That is true. Not only does it not have the brake in the cockpit but the rear brakes cannot accept one either.

I don't know what else you want to know but there are many differences. If you ask me specifics I can tell you. I sold my 355 recently so I can't think of them all off hand at the moment.
Why no handbrake?
The GT wing is an option on the Challenge?
Engine?
House Power?
Max kgm?
Weight? etc...

What are the MAJOR differences compare to the F355? The Challenge is a much faster car?
As I know, the Challenge is not able to drive on street. I guess the F355 Berlinetta has the closest spec to the Challenge?

I love the wheels and GT wing on the Challenge, where can I buy those parts? Is it a good idea to install the GT wing on a F355?

Thx!!
post #7 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 220
http://www.qv500.com/ferrarif355p3.php

some Challenge cars were street legal. My friend's just sold his car..... PS why wouldn't the car have a handbrake !!??

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1067
post #8 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh

some Challenge cars were street legal. My friend's just sold his car..... PS why wouldn't the car have a handbrake !!??

Great Car!! Oh!! I love that car, it is what I am looking for, but I need a RHD. The price is great too, but it was sold ~ Is it a legal street car ?? Your friend has more photos ?? I want to see more, Very nice!!

Why "some Challenge cars were street legal"?? The F355 Competizione??
post #9 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 AM
Owner

Quote:
Quote:

Great Car!! Oh!! I love that car, it is what I am looking for, but I need a RHD. The price is great too, but it was sold ~ Is it a legal street car ?? Your friend has more photos ?? I want to see more, Very nice!!

Why "some Challenge cars were street legal"?? The F355 Competizione??
Only 17 RHD cars were made and i have no idea how many were road legal. The blk car IS road legal and just sold. Here's some pics of RHD Rosso road legal car.
Attached Images

post #10 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Owner

8)
Attached Images

post #11 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 03:37 AM
Owner

8)
Attached Images

post #12 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
8)
Thx!!

By the way, this red one is up for sale? I have found that almost all of them have red racing seats, do you have photos of the interior?
post #13 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Owner

Quote:
Quote:
8)
Thx!!

By the way, this red one is up for sale? I have found that almost all of them have red racing seats, do you have photos of the interior?
I don't have anymore pics, sorry. The car was sold ages ago. The old owner is Ray430 /
you can contact him @ www.fcars.co.uk
post #14 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why no handbrake?
Engine?
House Power?
Max kgm?
Weight? etc...

What are the MAJOR differences compare to the F355? The Challenge is a much faster car?
As I know, the Challenge is not able to drive on street. I guess the F355 Berlinetta has the closest spec to the Challenge?

I love the wheels and GT wing on the Challenge, where can I buy those parts? Is it a good idea to install the GT wing on a F355?

Thx!!
There's no hadnbrake because, first of all why would you need a handbrake on a race car? Second, the extra caliper on the rear rotors prevents extra cooling.

The major differences? Different suspension (lower, stiffer, and more adjustable), Magnesium Speedline wheels, different brakes which are bigger than the street cars and with difference hardware (floating?), stripped interior, OMP racing seats, reduced power steering, roll cage, slightly different bodywork (rear wing, many have no fogs), open exhaust, and challenge grill. The engine is the same.

As I said before, 1995 355 Challenge cars are able to be driven on the street. The wing on a street car is really stupid, in my opinion and were an update to the 355 Challenge introduced sometime in 1997, IIRC. The Speedline wheels were made available as a street version (forged AL, not magnesium) and were super, super wheels.

What's with the obsession?

Just the facts...
post #15 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Thx for all the inputs!! :lol:
post #16 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why no handbrake?
Engine?
House Power?
Max kgm?
Weight? etc...

Thx!!
There's no hadnbrake because, first of all why would you need a handbrake on a race car? Second, the extra caliper on the rear rotors prevents extra cooling.

The major differences? Different suspension (lower, stiffer, and more adjustable), Magnesium Speedline wheels, different brakes which are bigger than the street cars and with difference hardware (floating?), stripped interior, OMP racing seats, reduced power steering, roll cage, slightly different bodywork (rear wing, many have no fogs), open exhaust, and challenge grill. The engine is the same.

As I said before, 1995 355 Challenge cars are able to be driven on the street. The wing on a street car is really stupid, in my opinion and were an update to the 355 Challenge introduced sometime in 1997, IIRC. The Speedline wheels were made available as a street version (forged AL, not magnesium) and were super, super wheels.

What's with the obsession?

I love Ferrari and I am dreaming to be a Ferrari's racer. :green:
IMO the F355 Challenge looks much better than the other Challenges. Plus, it's manual. The F360 Challenge only provide F1 transmission.
post #17 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:

IMO the F355 Challenge looks much better than the other Challenges. Plus, it's manual. The F360 Challenge only provide F1 transmission.
Well, a couple of things here.

First, Ferrari's racers don't race in the Ferrari Challenge series. The Challenge series is for (wealthy) clients who want to race Ferraris against each other. I looked into it once and the number that I came away was $250k/year not including the car.

Second, the 355 Challenge is no longer eligible for Challenge Series races. I think that there are some other series where it's okay but the idea of racing a Ferrari door handle to door handle with other cars that maybe aren't as expensive to fix may not be too appealing.

Lastly, if you want to race for Ferrari, you probably need to be a karting champion by 14 years old or so. And you need some major financial backing to make it to FF2000 and win there to go to F3000, then maybe you'll get to race in F1 and after being top notch there you'll get to drive for Ferrari.

Just the facts...
post #18 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

First, Ferrari's racers don't race in the Ferrari Challenge series. The Challenge series is for (wealthy) clients who want to race Ferraris against each other. I looked into it once and the number that I came away was $250k/year not including the car.

Second, the 355 Challenge is no longer eligible for Challenge Series races. I think that there are some other series where it's okay but the idea of racing a Ferrari door handle to door handle with other cars that maybe aren't as expensive to fix may not be too appealing.

Lastly, if you want to race for Ferrari, you probably need to be a karting champion by 14 years old or so. And you need some major financial backing to make it to FF2000 and win there to go to F3000, then maybe you'll get to race in F1 and after being top notch there you'll get to drive for Ferrari.
NONONO! I am not that serious. Of course, I won't use a F355 Challange to do anything that you mentioned above. It is just my hobby. However, I am going to karting every weekend. It's FUN!

Smarty Jones, you used to have a F355 Challenge before? How was it? You drive it on the track or street?
post #19 of 37 Old 12-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NONONO! I am not that serious. Of course, I won't use a F355 Challange to do anything that you mentioned above. It is just my hobby. However, I am going to karting every weekend. It's FUN!

Smarty Jones, you used to have a F355 Challenge before? How was it? You drive it on the track or street?
I owned a regular F355 Berlinetta but it had some Challenge parts on it, including the exhaust, wheels, and the air filters. I did drive a 355 Challenge on the track and it was nice, like a track version of the street car: stiffer, better braking, etc. but not like a real race car. A GREAT little track toy, though. Much fun.

Just the facts...
post #20 of 37 Old 12-22-2005, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I owned a regular F355 Berlinetta but it had some Challenge parts on it, including the exhaust, wheels, and the air filters. I did drive a 355 Challenge on the track and it was nice, like a track version of the street car: stiffer, better braking, etc. but not like a real race car. A GREAT little track toy, though. Much fun.
Wow...The Challenge not like a real race car? So which Ferrari on the market is a real race car?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode