348 barrett jackson - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
barrett jackson

89 348 sold for 40k , 98 355 sold for 50k . if that keeps up the values for 348's will surpass 355's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
That 98 was a spider and they are a plenty. And, from the little a saw, it was not a sorted car - stickys and some god awful red intake covers.

Try finding a well kept, sorted Berlinetta or GTS right now - The only one on the market now is Marcus's Yellow F1 - that's it in the entire US. He will get his $80K ask.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 05:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
I also was not a fan if those red intakes. Ruined the whole car for me.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
That 98 was a spider and they are a plenty. And, from the little a saw, it was not a sorted car - stickys and some god awful red intake covers.

Try finding a well kept, sorted Berlinetta or GTS right now - The only one on the market now is Marcus's Yellow F1 - that's it in the entire US. He will get his $80K ask.

You may be correct. But if you are it's a different kind of buyer. Paying $80k for the car would mean the buyer has confidence that prices will continue to rise and the buyer would probably be a collector, investor or speculator as opposed to someone who wanted a 355 to drive. I think there is a difference between the types of buyers you find when cars appear to be appreciating. It could be that we are at a point where guys who just want a 355 are beginning to be squeezed out of the market while early investors/speculators are coming into it. I remain unconvinced at this point.

If you are going to tell someone how to remove a bolt you should at least know which way to turn the wrench.
85 308 GTB QV red/tan (original owner)
95 F355 Spider SwatersBlu/tan
post #5 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by john85QV View Post
You may be correct. But if you are it's a different kind of buyer. Paying $80k for the car would mean the buyer has confidence that prices will continue to rise and the buyer would probably be a collector, investor or speculator as opposed to someone who wanted a 355 to drive. I think there is a difference between the types of buyers you find when cars appear to be appreciating. It could be that we are at a point where guys who just want a 355 are beginning to be squeezed out of the market while early investors/speculators are coming into it. I remain unconvinced at this point.
The flip side - someone can drive maintain these cars with zero depreciation.

I see that as a win win for everyone who maintains a Ferrari.

Heard a million times anyone can afford a Ferrari it's the maintenance - which I never understood.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #6 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john85QV View Post
2 years ago I paid $68K for my 98 F1 GTS. Near mint car, 9870 miles, major, 50% stickys done, new tires all done 250 miles prior.

I'll be adding up what I put into it so far but I think maybe 3K? That car would fetch big dollars today as it still has less than 14k miles and aside from 3 very small chips (touched up prior to my ownership) -it is perfect.

If I was looking again for a done car, I would only be looking for the best and would be willing to pay. But, since I have a perfect car, my second being a project was a good investment (not in time, but certainly money)

Last edited by dave rocks; 01-19-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Listed 67 not 68 which is what I paid
post #7 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
also remember that BJ usually gets TOO much , not too little. Interesting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 12 Old 01-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Do they have an open bar and serve liquor during the auction?
post #9 of 12 Old 01-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
That yellow spider was on Ebay and was advertised with a salvage title.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Do they have an open bar and serve liquor during the auction?
Quite a nice one at that, with table service.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #11 of 12 Old 01-21-2015, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1moving View Post
That yellow spider was on Ebay and was advertised with a salvage title.
Just ran an autocheck , not salvage , no mention of salvage history , shows 6 owners , no accidents , no title problems .Ebay listing described " power mirror switch inop " and " just serviced by Ferrari dealer " and " all keys , manuals tools ... ". Please do not provide incorrect information about someones car , just as you would not like incorrect information posted about your car .

Last edited by 348bubba; 01-21-2015 at 05:47 AM.
post #12 of 12 Old 01-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 348bubba View Post
Just ran an autocheck , not salvage , no mention of salvage history , shows 6 owners , no accidents , no title problems .Ebay listing described " power mirror switch inop " and " just serviced by Ferrari dealer " and " all keys , manuals tools ... ". Please do not provide incorrect information about someones car , just as you would not like incorrect information posted about your car .
Relax, There was the same car and miles listed on ebay as a salvage car. Could it possibly have been a scam ad posted from a stolen identity......possible I guess

Last edited by f1moving; 01-21-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode