Originally Posted by ptiflipiou
Is it possible to change the front and rear bumpers of my American 308 QV and replce them with the shorter, better looking (for my taste), Eurpean models?
Yes it is. If you talk to Pete he has done this to his 308: http://www.ferrariforum.com/photos/v...to.php?id=2744
You have to remove the bumper and modify the part behind it removing the spacer. This will give you 1 1/2 inches. To go even further, drill a hole in the bumper shock to drain it (the gas) and then you will be able to push it all the way back just like the Euro bumper. Here is the play by play:
1. First remove the grill with its three screws.
2. Get under the bumper and loosen the 4 nuts holding it. The bumper is heavy so have a friend help hold it.
3. Unclip the two cable strings going to the two turn signals/lights.
4. Now loosen the bolts holding the shocks (unless you can get to them with a drill now, if so leave them there)
5. Drill small holes in the back of the shocks
6. Put the bumper back on and make sure it is strait
7. Repeat steps 3, 2, 1 in that order.