F355 How far will you take your 355? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Ferrari Life Posts: 156
How far will you take your 355?

I passed 40,000 miles this summer. If I want to sell it for any decent amount of money its now or keep going. I am sure I will just keep rolling. I want to see it pass 60,000 or maybe 70,000. Anyone else plan on letting the odometer roll? Where do you think you will throw in the towel?
If god loves me at 99,999 miles it will get hit by lightning and the insurance will give me enough to buy another one
shootfighter65 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Owner
 
dave rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orchard Park, New York
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Randy, my 98 has less than 14k. My 95 is 26k but won't be driving it until it's done and no idea when that will be. I was offered $80k the other night for my 95 when it's done and I likely won't sell it.

I did 3k my first season of my 98 and I will drive without worry of miles but the reality is I live in an area with only half the year at best of good driving weather so that in itself will help keep miles down.
dave rocks is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Ferrari Life Posts: 156
14K thats hardly broken in... I'm wondering how many F355 owners will say screw the depreciation and really roll some miles
shootfighter65 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Owner
 
dave rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orchard Park, New York
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
I have only owned it 2 seasons and bought it with 9870
dave rocks is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 04:13 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 20
I have put approximately over 60,000 miles over three 355s in a total of 9 years of ownership. I would drive mine anywhere, (except where there is wet salt on the roads).

I just put about 3000 miles on My 550. Ditto as above.
Nikki sixx is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Ferrari Life Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki sixx View Post
I have put approximately over 60,000 miles over three 355s in a total of 9 years of ownership. I would drive mine anywhere, (except where there is wet salt on the roads).

I just put about 3000 miles on My 550. Ditto as above.
how many miles were on each 355 when you sold them?
shootfighter65 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Owner
 
Taz355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Alberta,california
Ferrari Life Posts: 379
I used to put about same as dave 3k or so a year. I brought it to canada last summer and likely get about 8 this year due to driving summer in canada and winter in california. Too busy at work to put on much more than 5 summer. Mine has about 30 now on it i think. Based on current use it might see 50 before im gone. Maybe less when i get another. I think dave has the right idea. If you are worried about miles buy a couple more. Then take turns.
Taz355 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 01-15-2015, 04:45 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootfighter65 View Post
how many miles were on each 355 when you sold them?
I haven't sold them.
Nikki sixx is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 01-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: VA
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
I've got 54k miles on mine now and no plans to limit mileage. I'm averaging around 4k per year, so I'd expect to hit 100k in the next 10-15 years.

I didn't buy it with any intent to sell it, so it makes no sense to limit mileage.
bobzdar is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzdar View Post
I've got 54k miles on mine now and no plans to limit mileage. I'm averaging around 4k per year, so I'd expect to hit 100k in the next 10-15 years.

I didn't buy it with any intent to sell it, so it makes no sense to limit mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootfighter65 View Post
14K thats hardly broken in... I'm wondering how many F355 owners will say screw the depreciation and really roll some miles
Put me in the camp that says screw it, I bought my Ferrari to drive it. Seriously any depreciation that I am going to take on a $50,000 Ferrari, I am not worried about. My 1997 F355 Spider will depreciate less than any new car that I could buy in that same price range. I am pretty sure I could fire sell it for $40k in a heartbeat today and that's after 3 years of ownership.

The more I drive it, in general, the better the car continues to get. It still has some warts, but I know where the "bodies are buried" and the car is getting more and more sorted with time. I think that if I were in the market for a driver that higher miles would be a good thing, I wouldn't shy away from a nice looking and running high mileage F355, especially knowing what I know now.

Mark
Markp is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 01-18-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Ferrari Life Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
Put me in the camp that says screw it, I bought my Ferrari to drive it. Seriously any depreciation that I am going to take on a $50,000 Ferrari, I am not worried about. My 1997 F355 Spider will depreciate less than any new car that I could buy in that same price range. I am pretty sure I could fire sell it for $40k in a heartbeat today and that's after 3 years of ownership.

The more I drive it, in general, the better the car continues to get. It still has some warts, but I know where the "bodies are buried" and the car is getting more and more sorted with time. I think that if I were in the market for a driver that higher miles would be a good thing, I wouldn't shy away from a nice looking and running high mileage F355, especially knowing what I know now.

Mark
I agree. My 355 will always have some value even as a parts car. Mine hadn't been driven much when I bought it and the more I drove it the more it settled in. I'm retiring at the ripe old age of 49 this spring and can't wait to have some serious driving time
shootfighter65 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale