F355 Eurospares - Thanks Claudio - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Garage
Eurospares - Thanks Claudio

Hey Gang,

I work with a few different part suppliers. This is really needed since not all suppliers have access to all parts and obviously prices vary.

I've placed a few orders with Eurospares and Claudio has treated me very faily. He has parts that others don't and for the parts I just ordered, his prices were excellent.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,199
Dave, not trying to dampen your enthusiasm - but nearly every order I've placed with Eurospares has had an issue when it arrived. Something was either misrepresented or just wrong, even after email discussions, sending photos and providing the correct Ferrari P/N's. Too, many parts come in unmarked packaging, so you don't know if they're genuine Ferrari, OEM, or just Chinese fakes. The issues with Eurospares are not unique; I'm aware, or have had similar issues with Superformance, Ferrparts and others.

For example, the infamous timing gear bearings (P/N 170787) which were formerly made by SKF and were discontinued by them 2-3 years ago, and all existing shelf & warehouse stock has now been exhausted. Ferrari and others are now selling a lower quality, unmarked substitute for these, and it's impossible to tell where they're made. Some owners have had OK results, but others have had them last less than 500 miles before failing (do a search on the other site for "170787") I still have two of these I bought from Claudio in 2012 if you want them, 'cause I'm not taking a chance with them in my engine.

Ferrari themselves, Eurospares, Ferrparts, Superformance, and others still sell these unmarked bearings, but Daniel @ Ricambi, because of his close relationship with the technician/owner community, refuses to sell them because of their poor track record, and dubious provenance. Paul Hill is supposed to come out with an equivalent or better product than the SKF, however it's been two years that he's been working with various bearing manufacturers to try to get this to market.

I'm not trying to be a poster child for Ricambi, but I do get tired of dealing with all the others' issues. So, IMO, the bottom line is "caveat emptor" when dealing with any of these other suppliers who offer "much" better pricing than Ricambi. At least Ferrparts are on our side of the pond, so returning their mistakes doesn't incur the transatlantic shipping costs and Customs charges that returns to Eurospares or Superformance would. And when dealing with Ricambi, Daniel typically makes things right at his cost, if the mistake was his.

When your order arrives from Eurospares, it'll be interesting to hear if it's 100% correct?

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
John, I've bought from Eurospares before will good results.

My current order will arrive next week and I will let you know.

One item I just purchased was the 355 rear cross member and it was less than 1/2 price of others ($313 compared to $700 +)

As I mentioned, I purchase from several including 2 dealers and Ricambi. I've had good success with Ricambi too but given my current project, I need to manage my investment.

post #4 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
John, I've bought from Eurospares before will good results.

My current order will arrive next week and I will let you know.

One item I just purchased was the 355 rear cross member and it was less than 1/2 price of others ($313 compared to $700 +)

As I mentioned, I purchase from several including 2 dealers and Ricambi. I've had good success with Ricambi too but given my current project, I need to manage my investment.
Dave, I hear you, and can appreciate your position. For myself, the only way I can afford this car is by doing my own work, and trying to get the best value on the parts, so I have to make a judgment call every time I order parts for it, especially from overseas.

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

post #5 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Dave, I hear you, and can appreciate your position. For myself, the only way I can afford this car is by doing my own work, and trying to get the best value on the parts, so I have to make a judgment call every time I order parts for it, especially from overseas.
That is a valid point. For me, this is a project car, I have no time constraints. If fact, I order parts as I discover I will need them. But, the need will be many weeks / months down the road. Saving $300+ on one item cannot be overlooked.

And, I was also able to get a used cam over for like $225 - that's short money!
post #6 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
Dave,

Good to know.

Is the cross member a standard part you are replacing or is it in addition to the standard set-up? Is it a regular or challenge cross member?

What was wrong with the one in the car?

Thanks for the info.

Robb

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” George Orwell
post #7 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
Glad you had a good experience, but may be the minority. I have emailed them numerous times about parts over the years and NEVER received a return email or response. I am not the only one, several threads about the same on Fchat.
post #8 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 VALV View Post
Dave,

Good to know.

Is the cross member a standard part you are replacing or is it in addition to the standard set-up? Is it a regular or challenge cross member?

What was wrong with the one in the car?

Thanks for the info.

Robb

Robb,

I am replacing the rear cross member because it is bent. many folks do not know how to jack these cars up properly and thus bend the cross member. This is one of the many reasons I created the lift / jack point document. If you lift these cars in the proper locations, you won't harm the car.
post #9 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 285ferrari View Post
Glad you had a good experience, but may be the minority. I have emailed them numerous times about parts over the years and NEVER received a return email or response. I am not the only one, several threads about the same on Fchat.

Perhaps you had trouble with emails going to spam because Claudio has been nothing but responsive to me from the first time I emailed him. He has been nothing but courteous and 100% professional to me.

And as I said in my original post and will repeat again, if you reply on only one supplier, you will end up at some point in a position where price is not the issue, part availability will be.

I was recently in a situation where I wanted to purchase a part and Daniel from Ricambi had advised the part was NLA only to find out that FNA had 19 new in stock so I purchased via a dealer.

Daniel has treated me very well also and will continue to get business from me so that is no reflection on the service he provides.
post #10 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
I recently received an order from Eurospares. Everything was genuine in sealed boxes. Parts arrived when expected and communication pre and post sale was prompt.

First time dealing with them.

Just another data point.
post #11 of 21 Old 01-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 379
Sounds to me like if you deal with claudio its ok but maybe others not so much?
post #12 of 21 Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz355 View Post
Sounds to me like if you deal with claudio its ok but maybe others not so much?
I dealt with Neil Belton. He offered exemplary service.
post #13 of 21 Old 01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 379
Thanks for the update.
post #14 of 21 Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
John,

Just wanted to follow up. I received my order and am pleased with the total experience.
post #15 of 21 Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
John,

Just wanted to follow up. I received my order and am pleased with the total experience.
Thanks Dave, glad to hear it. Perhaps I just had a run of bad luck with them.

I'm preparing an order now for my 550 overhaul, so I'll reconsider them.

post #16 of 21 Old 01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
BANNED

Ferrari Life Posts: 20
I have purchased parts from Eurospares and Ricambi with good experience.

Ferrparts on the other hand is another story. That Russ Putznam is a total douchebag. He completely ripped me off for $2500 bucks. If thats all it costs to expose yourself as a crook then hey, by all means. It's only money but Myself and many others will never buy parts from that guy again. If you buy from him, make sure its on credit card or pay pal and DO NOT pay that guy way in advance like I did. He will take you.
post #17 of 21 Old 01-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki sixx View Post
I have purchased parts from Eurospares and Ricambi with good experience.

Ferrparts on the other hand is another story. That Russ Putznam is a total douchebag. He completely ripped me off for $2500 bucks. If thats all it costs to expose yourself as a crook then hey, by all means. It's only money but Myself and many others will never buy parts from that guy again. If you buy from him, make sure its on credit card or pay pal and DO NOT pay that guy way in advance like I did. He will take you.
Myself, I've never had any issues with Russ that weren't resolved to my satisfaction. I've encountered the same types of errors as I've had with Claudio & others, but they were resolved, and Russ ate the return freight to fix the errors, as he should have.

Without a doubt, Daniel is at the top of this food chain, and we all have probably had mixed experiences with the rest.

post #18 of 21 Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Has anyone done business with Prosport-Ferrari? Good or bad?
post #19 of 21 Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
bay
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
Good for me , for a 550 radiator (171772 ) !

Present : Ghibli III V6 3.0 330 cv Grigio Maratea 571
Past :550 Maranello 1/98 110069 Ass 27389
http://www.bernardsport.be/maranello/
Registre 550
post #20 of 21 Old 01-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
Prosport has a horrible website but the service and prices are great. I usually just email Mike, tell him what I need and he gives me the price. I send a paypal and then the parts get sent out.

Always a pleasant experience there.

-Ferrparts are usually more expensive than everyone so I always avoided it
-Bought from Eurospares (some issues but they always made things right so I would recommend them)
-Rutlands was SUPER rude to me on the phone, never ever again. Website says they have stuff in stock when they don't....AVOID AVOID AVOID
-AwItalian has limited parts but great prices, great service
-Superformance also has great prices on some parts but communication is not very good and you have to commit to buy & pay before finding out what the shipping charges will be (strange)
Nowadays I just don't break my head anymore to save a dollar, I buy from Ricambi or my local dealer and that's it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode