F355 Sticky Interior Refinishing - Page 7 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 149 Old 10-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 379
I know what kind it is.

Its the kind where the white stands out gloriously during the day yet illuminates perfectly at night.

Thats it is it not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 149 Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 74
Dave,
Great work on the interior parts. I really like the laser marking video. Very cool.

The first thing I would mark is all my sockets with giant numbers! As the tools and my eyes get older they get harder to read.

ernest
post #123 of 149 Old 10-29-2015, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Thank you, Ernest

Funny you should mention the sockets....We have a Trumpf Laser and when I went to there US tech center in CT before purchasing it, they had a large display showing the uses of their machines in industry and they are used to laser mark all Craftsman sockets Take a peek at the new ones and you will see really big marks.

But, I'm going all Snap On these days and have yet to order sockets so we will see what Snap On does.

post #124 of 149 Old 11-02-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Refinishing the HVAC panel knobs from my latest 95 that where refinished prior. Removing vinyl white line and black paint from dial lines and will refinish so these illuminate at night per OEM.
Attached Images

post #125 of 149 Old 11-03-2015, 11:22 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 159
Scandalous how anyone could have painted over the oem white line with black paint.

Takes 4 seconds to remove the green holder with the white line on it....shows the level of detail he is concerned with.

I was shocked when I realised mine didn't light up white.

Vinyl stickers?
Get rid.

Soon you'll have my air vents.
post #126 of 149 Old 11-03-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
In the defense of others, they provided what they felt was the best option at the time. We are just OCD guys that strive for perfection and the most OEM correct solutions. Our goal is to provide excellent work and warm and helpful customer service. We will always do our best to improve and make things better. Howard, we look forward to doing any work you have as I've come to learn you appreciate the same level of quality and detail as I do - makes it pretty easy to please you
post #127 of 149 Old 11-03-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
in the defense of others, they provided what they felt was the best optiodn at the time. We are just ocd guys that strive for perfection and the most oem correct solutions. Our goal is to provide excellent work and warm and helpful customer service. We will always do our best to improve and make things better. Howard, we look forward to doing any work you have as i've come to learn you appreciate the same level of quality and detail as i do - makes it pretty easy to please you
+355
post #128 of 149 Old 11-08-2015, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Video of 355 Center console parts - my video skills with one hand and iPhone such

post #129 of 149 Old 11-09-2015, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Gauge Trim rings refinished - most never are. These get ignored all the time. People list cars for sale and say "All stickies refinished" yet many parts are remaining to be done.
Attached Images

post #130 of 149 Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
Quote:
Video of 355 Center console parts - my video skills with one hand and iPhone such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwOobvic5Ps
Great video, very informative. Have you considered doing one showing vent removal? I know there have been several written explanations, and a video by SNM (although it doesn't actually show anything).

I think a video on vent removal similar to what you have posted on the center console would be very helpful.
post #131 of 149 Old 11-10-2015, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
Great video, very informative. Have you considered doing one showing vent removal? I know there have been several written explanations, and a video by SNM (although it doesn't actually show anything).

I think a video on vent removal similar to what you have posted on the center console would be very helpful.
Thank you, Neil. I actually created a 3 part video of a door panel removal the other day and then deleted part 2 by mistake so I need to do that again.

I might do a vent removal video next summer when a customer is sending me his entire car to remove, refinish and reinstall all the parts. But, honestly, I'll just look like a fumbling idiot in that video as removing vents is just a magic trick

I always get them out but never quite know how
post #132 of 149 Old 11-10-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Gauge Trim rings refinished - most never are. These get ignored all the time. People list cars for sale and say "All stickies refinished" yet many parts are remaining to be done.

Fabulous Dave
post #133 of 149 Old 11-11-2015, 03:51 AM
Owner

Quote:
Thanks, Fab

Here is a video my main business just created on laser marking. Within it, we have a couple Ferrari parts being marked.

http://youtu.be/fKZtkHG7luI
Just watched this. I believe the technical term is "competitive advantage"
post #134 of 149 Old 11-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
OK, so here are the HVAC dials after repair and refinish. We fully disassemble these to refinish. We then use the proper coating to redo the white line indicators so they are white during the day and illuminate green at night (as the factory intended).

I have two HVAC panels in cars that have been refinished by others that I now need to redo as the dials do not light up at night. If anyone needs there HVAC dials corrected, please contact me.
Need to send these to you. Do the dials simply pull off or do you need to remove the panel and release them from underneath?
post #135 of 149 Old 11-11-2015, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
Need to send these to you. Do the dials simply pull off or do you need to remove the panel and release them from underneath?

Hi Neil,

The knobs have retaining rings on the back and they also have tabs. It's a little tricky getting them off, but not to worry - we do that. Just remove the panel, unscrew the 4 screws behind it and remove the top panel face from the main controls. Do this very carefully as the controls have bulbs that go up into the stop and recirculation buttons.

Is your overlay bad? We have a new one in development and it's a couple weeks out.
post #136 of 149 Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
Hi Neil,

The knobs have retaining rings on the back and they also have tabs. It's a little tricky getting them off, but not to worry - we do that. Just remove the panel, unscrew the 4 screws behind it and remove the top panel face from the main controls. Do this very carefully as the controls have bulbs that go up into the stop and recirculation buttons.

Is your overlay bad? We have a new one in development and it's a couple weeks out.
The overlay is fine. Just the knobs don't illuminate as discussed.
post #137 of 149 Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Group Shot of a full F355 Berlinetta (every part that needs refinishing). Note, some parts are assembled such as switches and HVAC knobs.
Attached Images

post #138 of 149 Old 11-16-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Group Shot of a full F355 Berlinetta (every part that needs refinishing). Note, some parts are assembled such as switches and HVAC knobs.

Wonderful
post #139 of 149 Old 11-19-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
post #140 of 149 Old 11-19-2015, 02:19 PM

Very good website

Good luck Dave

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode