LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 09-19-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Garage
A few 355 Technical Documents I've created

Hope this can help some.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ferrari_1998_355_Oil-Change-Procedure_REV001.pdf (2.31 MB, 1680 views)
File Type: pdf Ferrari_1998_355_Lift-Jack-Points_REV000.pdf (1.88 MB, 1294 views)
File Type: pdf Ferrari_1998_355_Challenge-Grill_Installation_REV000.pdf (2.38 MB, 406 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Dave,

Thanks for posting these, really helpful.
post #3 of 26 Old 12-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
Dave is a huge asset. He gives great info out and asks nothing for it. Hopefully we can get more traffic here instead of that joke of a forum ferrarichat that is ran by a little tyrant. Robb is a joke and runs his little forum like a little Hitler.

post #4 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 348bubba View Post
omg . he got banned from fchat , now he's going to clog this website with mindless drivel . hope he posts the garage floor epoxy drying time chart.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess.... but the documents posted in the OP have been extremely helpful to me.

I refer to the jacking/lifting one almost every time I touch the car.

I will be using the challenge grill one as soon as mine arrives. It has already helped me by letting me know what other tools and materials I will need when I go to install.

And the oil change one should help just about every newbie save hundreds right of the bat.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Quote:
omg . he got banned from fchat , now he's going to clog this website with mindless drivel . hope he posts the garage floor epoxy drying time chart.
Mindless? What is your issue with Dave? While he is certainly opinionated and sometimes stubborn, he brings valuable content wherever he posts.

I for one look forward to seeing his 95 continued to be restored. Regardless of the URL.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post

I for one look forward to seeing his 95 continued to be restored. Regardless of the URL.
Agreed.
post #7 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
I appreciate the support Guys.

However, forum contribution and writing technical documents takes a lot of time and I'm pretty busy.

I'm not sure I'll be participating much although I will say that this forum is far less drama filled than Fchat. But, I see John (348bubba) wants to turn Ferrari Life into Fchat drama - I for one won't let that happen - he's on my ignore list now.
post #8 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
Mindless drivel.....You are the mindless one. Go back and hang out at Fshat.
post #9 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
fchat is a nicer place now without him
How many people have left F-shat in the last 5 years? And Im talking about people with knowledge and the where with all to actually complete tasks. Im not talking about those that buy a Ferrari and don't have a clue on how to do anything(thats mostly what F-shat is full of) There have been many that know how to do much of the work involved with these cars, (especially the 355) that have been banned or just walked away from there. Dave it just the latest. If you read post #413 over there, you will see what Rob is really all about. He really does not know how to run his business. He is the ultimate bully boy. Much of what he says and does, he would never have the balls to do face to face. F-shat survives because it was the first such Ferrari forum period. It is full of drama boys such as yourself. I am sure that Robbie of SNM PMed Big Rob about all the talking about chatters de-stickying their parts on their own that it was actually costing SNM some business. This was becoming more and more obvious in every post that Robbie(SNM) made.
I know what Dave is like.....it is very easy to see that he is determined to bring his 355s to the best that they can be and has the wherewithal to do it. The way things went down on F-shat in the last 2 days I believe will now be the driving force for Dave Rocks to start his own desticky business. From the pics I saw on that thread yesterday, Dave has already surpassed the best that SNM can ever hope to do and this is the main reason why Dave Rocks got banned. Go get em Dave!

Last edited by 355; 12-17-2014 at 09:21 AM.
post #10 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355 View Post
How many people have left F-shat in the last 5 years? And Im talking about people with knowledge and the where with all to actually complete tasks. Im not talking about those that buy a Ferrari and don't have a clue on how to do anything(thats mostly what F-shat is full of) There have been many that know how to do much of the work involved with these cars, (especially the 355) that have been banned or just walked away from there. Dave it just the latest. If you read post #413 over there, you will see what Rob is really all about. He really does not know how to run his business. He is the ultimate bully boy. Much of what he says and does, he would never have the balls to do face to face. F-shat survives because it was the first such Ferrari forum period. It is full of drama boys such as yourself. I am sure that Robbie of SNM PMed Big Rob about all the talking about chatters de-stickying their parts on their own that it was actually costing SNM some business. This was becoming more and more obvious in every post that Robbie(SNM) made.
I know what Dave is like.....it is very easy to see that he is determined to bring his 355s to the best that they can be and has the wherewithal to do it. The way things went down on F-shat in the last 2 days I believe will now be the driving force for Dave Rocks to start his own desticky business. From the pics I saw on that thread yesterday, Dave has already surpassed the best that SNM can ever hope to do and this is the main reason why Dave Rocks got banned. Go get em Dave!

Thanks, Frank. I don't know all the rules here (yet) so I will choose my words carefully.

All I will say is that good things are coming
post #11 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM
bay
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Hope this can help some.
Thanks

Present : Ghibli III V6 3.0 330 cv Grigio Maratea 571
Past :550 Maranello 1/98 110069 Ass 27389
http://www.bernardsport.be/maranello/
Registre 550
post #12 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #13 of 26 Old 12-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
whateves its all good.
post #14 of 26 Old 12-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
A few 355 Technical Documents I've created

Dave, welcome here buddy. No rules per se, just try to be civil and get along and you'll do fine. Drama queens and Frito can stay on the other site.

Last edited by 360 Modena; 12-18-2014 at 07:44 PM.
post #15 of 26 Old 12-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Dave,
I'm happy to find that you have found another avenue continue to be generous with your time and info. Very few of us have your dedication or knowledge..
post #16 of 26 Old 12-19-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vracer View Post
Dave,
I'm happy to find that you have found another avenue continue to be generous with your time and info. Very few of us have your dedication or knowledge..
Thank you, Richard. I'm happy to see you made your way here - I was going to reach out to you but had no way.
post #17 of 26 Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
surprising thing I've seen in the most recent threads [where DaveR has posted] is the number of posters who only have single digit posts and have also been here for some time...interesting....glad to see more posts.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #18 of 26 Old 12-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
Dave Rocks.....would you ever want to mess with the dual ECUs on your 95?

My understanding is that they can be reprogrammed with new chips. I have always wondered if Ferrari (due to emissions) just ran the engine to hot which nukes the headers and cats.

Seems like a reflash would be cool. I think you can do this with a 348 or 512tr.
post #19 of 26 Old 12-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
Mindless? What is your issue with Dave? While he is certainly opinionated and sometimes stubborn, he brings valuable content wherever he posts.

Luke,

How is your yellow car? You going through it like Dave?
post #20 of 26 Old 12-20-2014, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf308 View Post
Dave Rocks.....would you ever want to mess with the dual ECUs on your 95?

My understanding is that they can be reprogrammed with new chips. I have always wondered if Ferrari (due to emissions) just ran the engine to hot which nukes the headers and cats.

Seems like a reflash would be cool. I think you can do this with a 348 or 512tr.
Hey Tim,

I have no intentions to do that anytime soon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode