F355 Part 149095 Speedometer Sensor Options - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-19-2014, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Part 149095 Speedometer Sensor Options

I have a 1998 F355 with speedo problems. Shop had the speedo itself rebuilt 3 months ago and that did not solve. I am told it is the sensor (part #149095). It has been back-ordered since that time and is still not available. I have checked all over the world for either a new or used one. No luck. My question is this - is there another sensor that is compatible? Another sensor that would do the job electronics-wise that could possibly be physically altered to thread into the hole? Any other ideas? I'm tired of driving around with my Garmin GPS functioning as the speedo.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
116987 that fits all cars from 1980 up to about 1992 is the same part with a different connector. Those were NLA too but I thought I heard someone had found some. I'd suggest trying Ricambi America first then T Rutlands. They both buy world wide and both have sources outside of the usual Ferrari factory parts chain.

If that doesn't work try AW and GT Car parts

Last edited by Brian; 09-19-2014 at 04:27 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 379
So did you take brians advice or how did you fix it?

post #4 of 7 Old 12-26-2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
After calling & emailing every parts source (both new and used) around the world with zero luck, I finally came across a post from years ago that Ferrari of Quebec had a used one for sale. I got in contact with them and, although the part noted was long gone, Andrew (Parts Manager) was able to perform some magic and find one somewhere. A few weeks and about $296 later, and I had one in hand. Installed it and it fixed my speedo problem. After literally many dozens of hours on the internet and phone, I'm convinced it was the only new one available on the earth.

:-)

I kept the old one just in case they get even more rare in the future and are able to be rebuilt. Ya never know...

Anyway - Ferrari of Quebec is my new favorite place for parts! They'll be getting all my business from now on!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I had a similar experience looking for a part on a BB. didn't get one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 7 Old 12-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Owner

Kinda scary since my f1 doesnt work unless my speedo os working. Good thing i have a spare. Doesnt help anyone else though
post #7 of 7 Old 01-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Owner

Fiund one on ebay 300 bucks AIitalian autoparts or something like that. Same place that supplied me with my cvboots this summer. As usuall excellent service. Even returned my email on new years day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode