Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Pre '99 V8s: GT4, 308, 328, 348, F355 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/)
-   -   328 Need help with 328 width. (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-99-v8s-gt4/35945-need-help-328-width.html)

Future328 09-09-2014 09:02 AM

Need help with 328 width.

Hello, I am new owner of a '89 328 GTB. I am having the car imported via container through a family friend. Only issue I am having is the company needs to know the width of the car, pretty exactly too, and where the widest point is (not including mirrors). Due to the container it will be sharing.

I have tried looking on Google and such, and I can find various widths, but some are different, so I have no idea what one is correct, and no where can I find the widest point. I assumed it would be the area where the fenders flare out, but there too I get conflicting information if the back is wider, or the same as the front. A friend claims (who owned a 328 years ago), that he thought the front fender flares were wider then the back, but that can't be right...

Can anyone help?

Thank you, Thomas.

Brian 09-09-2014 09:49 AM

According to Ferrari it is 1730mm and it looks like the widest spot is around the back of the doors. The fenders do not stick out.

tazandjan 09-09-2014 10:48 AM

Thomas- You can download a 328 owners manual for free at ferraridatabase.com. All the basic data is in there.

Future328 09-09-2014 11:52 AM

Thank you for the responses. It seems like the width on their should be accurate, being that it comes from Ferrari. I just wish it said what the widest point is, that is what he needs. on the top of the drawing it seems to be towards the back of the door, but on the bottom it seems to be towards the front of the door...odd, the drawing must be off? I assume the widest point must be towards the back, but I need to confirm some how...

KKRace 09-10-2014 07:41 AM

If you can wait till next week I'll put mine back on my four post lift and it will be really obvious where the widest point is and I'll measure it for you. Unfortunately my lift is tied up for the next few days. I have the narrow lift so the car pretty much fills up the gap between the posts

Future328 09-18-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 474265)
If you can wait till next week I'll put mine back on my four post lift and it will be really obvious where the widest point is and I'll measure it for you. Unfortunately my lift is tied up for the next few days. I have the narrow lift so the car pretty much fills up the gap between the posts

Thanks for the response...the car is on it's way now. :thumbsup: