328 Going Platinum - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
Going Platinum

It takes a team to achieve Platinum especially at Cavallino, one of the worlds top Ferrari concours, which is what we are going for in January. The Team has already begun work as it is never too early to start.

Tim and Tom Stanford, the finest 328 mechanic team in the country, have completed all the mechanical work on the beautiful 26,000 mile 1987 328GTS. Everything down to the cigarette lighter works flawlessly. Every part is Ferrari original and correct from hoses and clamps to screws, and the car is running better than it was when it rolled off the assembly line.

However, that was only part one. Just as critical and sometimes more so is part two, the body and interior. The reason being, this is what most people see and judge a car on. While everyone that has seen the car comments on its superb condition, we need to strive for perfection and equally as important, originality.

In order to achieve a perfect, original, Platinum condition one needs a detailer that goes beyond polishing and even beyond the complex, sophisticated, multi-step paint correction and interior rejuvenation. Yes, the paint and interior need to be flawless, but what is necessary is to find someone that does what I call a complete through “noninvasive period correct restoration”.

I was fortunate to find Eddy Fiuza, a master at noninvasive period correct restoration. Eddy has the knowledge of the exactly colors and finish of everything on the car that was being used at the factory. More importantly, he has the knowledge and skill to recreate them, using techniques just as they did at the factory, if necessary. I have waited patiently to have him personally work on the car. So far, I have had the pleasure of working with him for over a week and finally, we are entering into the final stages. It is a slow process that takes time. In fact, on one occasion, I spent over 3 hours inspecting the car, and that was mostly the undercarriage!!

What is exciting is that you can join us on the journey at https://www.facebook.com/FiuzasAutoDetailing we are at part 11 of the series. I look forward to seeing many wonderful Ferrari owners and craftsmen that have become my friends at Cavallino. Stop by and say hi and stay tuned I will keep you all posted.

DDD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
good luck to you. i will see you there. I might even be the guy parking your car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
My understanding is their platinum is 95 points or above. Correct? There is a big big difference between 95 & 100 points. Don't know why they do it that way, but they always have multiple awards for plat, gold, ect.

I'm sure the car will look phenominal. Enjoy it and then drive it.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
My understanding is their platinum is 95 points or above. Correct? There is a big big difference between 95 & 100 points. Don't know why they do it that way, but they always have multiple awards for plat, gold, ect.

It is done that way for several reasons. One, we do not want a situation where we discourage use of the car. That is the primary reason it exists and should continue to be that way. We want them to be preserved and to continue to represent the cars as they were when built but most importantly to be used. We have no desire to encourage the creation of cookie cutter Barbie dolls that arrive by trailer to be able to compete. 5 points provides some room for that. Also we don't want to deprive people from doing some small degree of personalization to enhance their enjoyment of the car and 5 points still allows that. If you have an otherwise near perfect car you can have a Tubi exhaust and still be eligible for a platinum. Or you can put on a different set of wheels or you could install a different drivers seat. You just can't do them all.

Also there is no limit on platinums. Any car over 95 points gets one but there is only one gold (min 90 pts) and one silver (min 85 pts) awarded per class per event.

Last edited by Brian; 10-18-2014 at 11:59 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Thanks for the reason. If it's to encourage use, that is fantastic. Have been to the Cavalino Classic once and many of the cars were one off or extremely rare and beautifuly presented.

Once I stop renting my Vero Beach place during the winters, I hope to make it every year.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Final preparation

I welcome everyone to join me and visit 70045 at Cavallino in January 2015. See what a five-day exterior, engine bay, front compartment and undercarriage preparation of 70045 by nationally famous Eddy Fiuza looks line in person or check it out at https://www.facebook.com/FiuzasAutoDetailing beginning July 21, 2014.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-21-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you!! Going for Platinum but driving it as much as I can. Hope to see you at the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite View Post

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode