F355 Providing Advise to buyer of 355 GTS - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
Providing Advise to buyer of 355 GTS

Hello Ferrari Life,

I'm in the process of selling the magnificent (gated late 1997) 355 GTS that I've owned/managed for 3 years and almost 3,000 miles. The Ferrari is in excellent condition. I'm wondering what advise would you provide to a new 355 owner? To someone whom has, most likely, owned Ferrari super cars in the past though new to the 355 series.

What idiosyncrasies come to mind?

When I sell a car, I always place a journal inside the car during its transportation to the new owner's location. Usually, I keep all data associated with the purchase, all information pertaining to any kind of areas that should be monitored, my opinion on several areas regarding the model and year, etcetera ....

I can only think of a couple of items at the moment and I've been thinking about this for several weeks. Advise from me is:
Don't place larger or smaller sized rims (other than those that were made for the car) as it stresses areas,
When starting with the engine cold, I find it better to wait until the engine and coolant temps begin to rise before driving, keep the RPMs below 4 and 3 when the engine is warming,
Gated manual shifting; When shifting, sometimes the gearshift should be placed in neutral prior to selecting a gear,
The custom carpet covering the floor carpet is thick and lush, make sure to pull and snap this into place as sometimes the carpet's thickness, when pushed by the foot, is said to bunch up behind the clutch pedal so make sure to check the carpet before each drive,
Understand that this is a truly hand-built model, be gentle with doors, boot & engine hood,
I keep a 4-6 month pre-maintenance schedule using X type of Y fluids,,,,

Information such as the above, what advise/idiosyncrasies would you send with the Ferrari so the new owner only has to read, turn-key and enjoy.

I've always made a point to purchase (own) and, sometimes sell, gorgeous exotics. I've always sent a list of advise and idiosyncrasies for the new owner, as well as a gift within the car. What would you advise a new owner when the transaction is direct from you?

The late-year 1997 355 GTS (Rosso Corsa / Beige) is delightfully all original, there are not many idiosyncrasies that come to mind and that means I am in-need of a memory-jogging community, I jogged my memory with the355.com though the maintenance is well done, I am doing my best to give the best Ferrari experience to the new owner.

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

Voilą

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 ½ 348 TS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 357
I'd say you have done more than whats necessary, when a potential buyer visits, take him/her for a drive and show them what you mentioned above - how you treat the car when still cold, how you shift, warm-up etc, that will leave a great impression.

reading your post - your 355 must be immaculate !I hope the new owner treats (like you say) ' her ' the same.

all the best

Rgds
Johnny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode