F355 355 beeping roof problems!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
355 beeping roof problems!!

hi all.

have had a couple of small problems over the years with my spider roof, but looking for advise on this seasons one!

I had a new canvas roof fitted 18months ago and had a full mechanism service carried out at the same time along with a hydraulic fluid flush and refill.

all worked swwet and quiet until last week....hadn't touched the car for a month and left it with the roof up to keep shape of new roof.

I went to lower roof in the usual manner; engine running, handbrake on, unclipped roof and moved back until the beep ( windows dropped as they should ) then beep beep beep with no movement.

I moved the seats forward electrically and then popped out the emergency switch....roof goes down and up sweet as a nut...hydraulic levels perfect.

so..

I 'm looking for someone whom has had the same problem; is it one of the micro switches or is it a potentiometer?

I havn't isolated the battery to 'reboot' as I assume this wont change anything.

all help appreciated; another U.K owner has this month posted the identical problem on the 'pistonheads' website so it would be very helpful to both of us.

thanks in advance.

iain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
I am kind of in the same boat. My top beeps when I put the top back after unclipping. Seats are moved up, windows down, e-brake is on. I push the button and nothing. I hear the motors (or whatever those are) turning, or attempting to turn. And that's it. Nothing.

That is with the factory wiring. What does that mean?

Someone seems to have wired the emergency switch directly to the roof-switch with three wires, Red, white and yellow. When I hook those back up after unplugging the white, OEM harness to the switch, still NOTHING happens. I DO NOT hear the motors turn when I use the wires someone hooked up to the switch.

The top was recently down in this car, since there were pictures of it down 7 months before I bought it.

Let's work together and get this figured out, shall we?
post #3 of 3 Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Any updates on this? I am wonering something that maybe can be answered by forum members: OK, so my passenger seat moves forward electronically, yet it does not recline forward via the plastic handle on the side of the seat. WOULD THIS PREVENT MY TOP FROM OPENING? It beeps when I push the top back. Thanks...-Brian

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode