F355 Stickies? No problem...solved in 45 min - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Stickies? No problem...solved in 45 min

Taking a tip from a friend, I tried Goo-gone. I poured liberal amounts onto a clean cotton rag with no fuzzies; it was an old t-shirt.
I started rubbing it on the center vents. I got no where and sat there bummed. I tried again and found that after the 15th or so stroke up and down, the stickies totally and completely wiped away to leave a perfect plastic finish. Brand new. Completely flawless. Keep turning the rag, keep adding the solvent. I completely cleaned all dash vents in 45 minutes. The only part i couldnt get was the dial that makes the vents turn side to side. I was even able to get the vents themselves, not just the panels thast surround them. Wear gloves or you will look like you washed your hands in shoe polish.

I am thrilled. Now my interior looks great. Cost? A sore index finger-tip.

Do it, it was simple. Let me know your results.

BTW I think Orange-citrus alcohol spraw will work just as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

This is a pic I took when I got results, but wasn't quite finished. You can still see the sticky stuff in the upper left hand corner, and I hadn't finished cleaning the vent-gills. The thing that surprised me was that the plastic underneath the stickys was still good. I figured it would look cratered and warped. It doesn't It looks like new.
Attached Images

post #3 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner

This is one after I was finished. Looks the way it should!
Before I started, there was fuzz, hair and gunk all over the vents. People would reach up and touch them and say things such as "Dude, yuck what is the deal with these?" (Then I go into the long explanation of how many Ferrari's are victim to the stickies...etc etc etc) or "Eeeeeew it's sticky" (female). Always pleasure in doing a simple job yourself.
Attached Images

post #4 of 5 Old 05-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
An even easier method is mr muscle cleaner. Remove vents etc,spray liberally with oven cleaner,keep out of direct sunlight and leave for 20 minutes and finally hose down with cold water.Job done!!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve harkness View Post
An even easier method is mr muscle cleaner. Remove vents etc,spray liberally with oven cleaner,keep out of direct sunlight and leave for 20 minutes and finally hose down with cold water.Job done!!
Thanks for the tip. I still have some stickies on the parking brake (barely) and some buttons on the console, but once I begin to clean those, I fear the indicator symbols will come off too. The hazard-light button for example...hmmmm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode