As senna21 says, need to sort out the electrics first.
If you need to try the engine, before doing so I suggest the following:
1. drain existing oil & refill, change filter (I believe there's a Ford one which fits?)
2. remove all the spark plugs
3. put some squirts of engine oil into each cylinder via the plug hole (will need a flexy nozzle on an oil can)
4. squirt oil around the top-end (under cam covers) wherever possible
5. leave overnight
6. KEEPING PLUGS OUT, put car in 4th or 5th gear and push forward a few feet (gently). If the car can roll then this will turn the engine over a few times. Put in neutral, push back & repeat a few times to get the parts rotating.
7. If OK so far, KEEPING PLUGS OUT, hook-up starter & turn over. Turn for say 5 secs at a time, repeating after a few secs until you get a positive pressure reading on the oil-pressure gauge. If you can't get pressure on the starter then don't proceed further as it could seize.
8. If OK, check have fuel, put spark plugs in. This is the moment of truth! Have car in well-ventilated place as it will SMOKE something awful if it fires. Try starter. Keep rpm well under 2000. Run for say 20-30 secs max and then examine all over for problems (leaking gaskets, etc).