F355 Capristo for F355 Berlinetta - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-08-2013, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Capristo for F355 Berlinetta

Hi all. Apologise if this has been done to death, but I have a query for all those who have experience with Capristo exhaust for the F355. I currently have a catted Mille-Miglia. It gives a good note at both idle/low revs and the top end but my view is the M-M sits towards the conservative end of the spectrum. I want to get more out of that famous V8 (note/volume wise only as power gains are not important to me) and the Capristo comes up frequently as an option. Of course there are several options level 1-3 and the option of test pipes. Ideally I want bit more at the low rev end and definitely more at the top end, with the only caveat being that I want to drive in town and long distances without getting out of the car with bleedeing ears or pissed off nearby drivers. I`ve read all I can, and listened on YouTube, but just interested in what others may have found works or doesn`t work. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-20-2013, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Well, I`ve decided to get a Capristo bypass valve and level 1 silencer and Seca Manifolds. The cats will stay in. Ill post a vid of the result should anyone be interested in a similar combination. expect mid Jan 2014.

Life is not a dress rehearsal
post #3 of 4 Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Update: The Capristo silencer is ready but the Seca exhaust manifold is still three weeks off completion (hand made in Italy)...Im told its because the Italians like to have a longer festive season than the Germans: Ve shall hav vun day celebration, ven ve get bark to vork vun two vun two....or.....vino pił rosso per favore, vino rosso

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2014, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Its official. The Capristo exhaust on the F355 sounds amazing, utterly mind blowingly amazing. Beyond 4000rpm it sounds like a V8 F1 car. The tone at low revs is awesome and not artifical and when the bypass valve opens, its what the F14 T should have sounded like

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode