F355 355 tire inflator canister expiration date - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
355 tire inflator canister expiration date

The inflator canister in my 355 is dated "expires 2000" t has never been used and is still full. Does anyone know if this is still a viable canister or does it need to be replaced. If so is there an aftermarket canister anyone can recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 183
I think similar versions of these canisters can be purchased at most local auto parts stores.

........... F355 ...........
post #3 of 8 Old 11-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 58
My 360 came with a can of goo, but I guess I'm old school and don't really like the idea of trying to fix a flat with nothing but a can of goo and some unknown amount of mystery gas. So I replaced mine with a 12V air pump designed to plug into the cigarette lighter. It not only has a small high pressure pump, but also has a selectable container of goo. So, you can solve a slow leak by using air alone. Or, if there is a hole, you can introduce the goo. But the best part is that if your goo filled tire continues to slowly leak before you get to a repair facality, you can stop and top it off with the compressor.

This kit fits into the same container as the can and foam insert and has done wonders for my piece of mind when I think about driving around with no spare.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Nice. Please share the item you bought. With the miles we put on our 360 I should probably see what's in the canister bag and consider swapping. Thanks for sharing.

Cigarette lighter. I remember reading something about caution using it to charge mobile devices. Any risks to be aware of with 12v air pumps?

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #5 of 8 Old 11-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNart View Post
Nice. Please share the item you bought. With the miles we put on our 360 I should probably see what's in the canister bag and consider swapping. Thanks for sharing.

Cigarette lighter. I remember reading something about caution using it to charge mobile devices. Any risks to be aware of with 12v air pumps?

I am not a big fan of using that port for car battery chargers but I see no problem with using it to provide out going power. A small air pump will not draw as much current as a cigar lighter element.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I am not a big fan of using that port for car battery chargers but I see no problem with using it to provide out going power. A small air pump will not draw as much current as a cigar lighter element.
Cool. Thanks Brian

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #7 of 8 Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 58
Actually my pump came with my Fiat. When I bought it, it came with nothing, so I made the dealer give me a replacement pump which is what the car comes with normally. I don't know if it's OEM or not, but the ones I've seen are all similar. My wife prefers a real spare, so when I bought a spare wheel and tire the pump and goo was redundant and sat on the shelf until I bought my Ferrari. So, I'm not sure of the source, but a Google search on the Internet will reveal just what you're looking for.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,152
For what it's worth, this is what I carry in each of my cars (including the Z06 which has run-flats and the 911 that has a spare). Sometimes it's easier just to plug the tire in place rather than put the spare on, and for me the goo is an absolute last resort as it's such a mess.

Slime 70004 Power Spair 48 Piece Tire Repair Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode