308 308 tailights - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
308 tailights

I'm looking for the plug in light sockets for the 308 tail lights. There are two per side with the wires.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Have you tried the usual parts places? Rutlands, Ricambi or FerrParts? Perhaps one of them will have something from a parts car?

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #3 of 8 Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Yes, I called around and couldn't find anything yet. Most said they would have to cut it off the entire rear wiring harness which is $500. I am thinking about modifying the back of the lights and making something that will take a more generic light socket.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,152
If you can't source them, it wouldn't be a big job at all to swap both the harness and the lights to Metripack, Weatherpack, Deutsch, etc. style connectors. To be honest, the modern, sealed connectors would be better anyway. And, the harness has enough length that you wouldn't have to worry about the wires being too short to reach.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
If you are looking for the plugs themselves that is simple. Is that what you want or are you looking for the black plastic socket holder that snaps into the light housing?
post #6 of 8 Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I'm looking for the plastic pieces that hold the bulb and snap into the lights themselves. I am using it for a custom application and don't have the wiring harness. So I need those pieces with the wires to make it work. They look to be rectangular in shape if I remember right and may have a plastic snap on connector at each end and there are two per light. I'm not sure if they are two filament sockets or one each. I could use one for the running light and one for the brake and find a smaller light to use for turn and backup. Thanks for the help.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari 330 p/4 View Post
Yes, I'm looking for the plastic pieces that hold the bulb and snap into the lights themselves. I am using it for a custom application and don't have the wiring harness. So I need those pieces with the wires to make it work. They look to be rectangular in shape if I remember right and may have a plastic snap on connector at each end and there are two per light. I'm not sure if they are two filament sockets or one each. I could use one for the running light and one for the brake and find a smaller light to use for turn and backup. Thanks for the help.

Those were only supplied with the complete light assembly. The lights are discontinued and are very expensive when found. No one is going to break up a set.

If its a custom application go to a junkyard and find something readily available and cheap from a Japanese car.

Your plan is a little like cutting up a GTO to make a 240Z.

Last edited by Brian; 08-29-2013 at 03:42 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 50
I have a spare one pretty cheap. Please PM if interested. Best...Jim

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode