Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Car Is FINALLY Off The Stands
Car is running.
But, not without issue...
Filled the car with coolant/water.
Followed Birdman's bleeding tutorial.
When it came time to bring the car to temp, the temp rose, fans never kicked on.
Temp went well above 195, so there is no reason for the fans not to kick on since I have a 185 degree switch.
I have not checked to see if the fans work because of the following:
- Both coolant pipes, in the engine bay, became hot: REAL HOT.
- Neither pipes at the front rose in temperature at all.
- Hoses never got hot.
- Tanks on the radiator never got hot.
Couple things to note:
- I refilled with almost 6 gallons of coolant/water: close to full capacity
- I had minor leaks at some of the coolant hoses: front, rear, and at the petcocks I installed on the tubes, below the radiator.
- I know coolant can reach the front of the car, so I can rule out something blocking the coolant from getting to the front.
- We can rule out 'blockage' cause of the last/above line, correct?
- Both coolant pipes, on each side of the engine, were hot so the thermostat is opening, correct?
- What else could it be?