Power loss on my 348 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Power loss on my 348

Some of the sylinders does cut out and the engine gets sour. This problem can occour when starting, after a while ideling and while driving undependent of revs. When this problem comes, I just turn of engine with the key and turn it on again. The engine is then fine again until next time Which can be anytime. I thougt it could be the sensors for overheating on the exaust system, but I have disconnected them and shortcutted the wires. Doesent help. Even sometimes the warning lamp for overheating still comes on even the sensors are disabeled.

Have some of you experiened the same problem. :ugh:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
A very long-shot, but could it be a fuel-supply problem, as in something (dirt / rust / water / old seal / ...) that partly blocks the pump, supply-lines or injector distributor (does the 348 have one of those?). When the motor is cut, the fuel pressure drops and the impurity then settles out of the way until next time it is picked-up??

I'm not sure how your "overheating" sensor system works - if the motor is NOT actually overheating it should run fine unless a faulty sensor triggers some action. Partial-firing on some cyls doesn't sound like the action I would expect to be triggered.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

It may be a good sugestion. I resently shifted both fuel filters but it can be something in the tank that sometimes block the inlet of the pump. Here in Norway it`s still some snow, but when the season is hear I schould have the tank drained in a workshop.

The problem with warning sign occours also when the engine is cold. It can be a software fault maybe?

post #4 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 180
some 348 (specially early models) have ignition coil problems...
I think that it can be what's happen to yours.

The temp sensor of the exhaust are always another problem. Just remove it, clean them up and they ll continue to work...
post #5 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

My model is late 92. Have you experience problem with ignition coil system? Did the ignintion then reset by turning key off and on? What did you do about it?

Shall clean up the sensors
post #6 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
My model is late 92. Have you experience problem with ignition coil system? Did the ignintion then reset by turning key off and on? What did you do about it?

Shall clean up the sensors
Welcome to the site, I think you are our first member from Norway.

PS: Sorry I couldn't add to the discussion.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Thank you!
Thats cool, if I am the only Norwegian here. There is hatch with Ferrari in this country! It `s only possible to use it from May to October

But on the other side, the winter runs faster when you know that a wroooaaaring red Horse is cribling to get out of the garage at springtime :green:
post #8 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 11:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
Welcome Rikard - good to see another 348 owner here!! I'd love to be able to help with your engine issue, but I have absolutely no idea what would be causing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
It's only possible to use it from May to October
That must drive you insane!!
post #9 of 10 Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 180
I own my 348 since january, and with the Belgian Weather, i haven't drive it very often...

I think that may be yes the ignition could be reset because you turn off the ECU and it ll erase all error code for sometimes..

but i m not sure
post #10 of 10 Old 03-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 79
did you check the sensor for cylinder bank ?

did you check the sensor adjustement on the Tooth whell that must be 0.35 to 0.90 mm .
this is a variable reluctance type sensor wich generates an electrical signal to show the movements of the cramshaft.
I had this problem and it was that....
nico :wink:

I have a photo but dont manage to put it....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode