Better 308 GTSi performance. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-08-2004, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 62
Better 308 GTSi performance.

I am wondering what people have done to bring the performance of their injected 308's up. In my experience, and research, I've found that the Bosch K- Jetronic FI sysytem can be made to perform better by increasing the bore of the throttle body (increase mixture, etc, etc). Has any one done this to their 308i? Any other performance enhancers out there? Thanks in advance...

Tifosi
1980 Ferrari 308 GTSi
2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG
2004 Triumph Bonneville - Cafe Racer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
What about after-market exhausts? I have seen people carry on about Tubis, etc, but maybe this is only effective if you are removing converters in those markets that allow that sort of thing.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-09-2004, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I am in the midst of building a custom exhaust right now, might gain a few HP but don't really know. The emissions equipment has already been removed from the car so it doesn't have that restriction either, so just wondering what else might bring the HP back up. As I understand it the K-Jetronic sytem is capable of providing as much fuel as need over a pretty wide range, but air volume is what is the restriction. Wondering if anyone knows if a big bore throttle body is available? Just some thoughts... Thanks

Tifosi
1980 Ferrari 308 GTSi

post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2004, 03:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
I think you're on the right path. Short of putting a turbo or a compressor, changing the fuel injection system (don't forget the airflow meter) and changing the header + exhaust system is the way to go.

Then you may have to upgrade your brakes and then your suspension system.

Tell us how it feels when you've installed them.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
What about cam timing / lift? Just a thought, as the "stock" engines are very tractable and could probably handle wilder cam profiles. There have been a number of road-rally / etc 308s in the past, so maybe some hotter camshafts cxan be sought based on those cars. It's always a trade-off vs ease of use & reliability, however.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2004, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for the ideas, I'm not really looking to build a "monster" 308, just bring the HP back up the the 250+ range. I know big bore throttle bodies are produced for Porsches, VWs and the like, that also use the K-Jetronic system. Just thought might be interesting to try one for a 308. Thanks for the input and keep the ideas coming...

Tifosi
1980 Ferrari 308 GTSi
post #7 of 7 Old 02-24-2004, 07:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
i could port your t-body for $40 if you removed it and shipped it. but the cam upgrade is more worth your while. depending on the year you can also fatten the fuel up with some relays.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode