308 New Seats for my 308?? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
New Seats for my 308??

Folks

I have recently acquired a '79 GTS in Rosso Corsa & Tan.

The original seats are in fair condition, but I find them uncomfortable, also the sliders & the adjusters are all worn & a bit loose.

Has anyone put aftermarket seats in their 308? And what fits?

I have looked at

Recaro Speed
SAAS Vortek
SAAS Kombat

and others.

The main problem as I see it is the narrow width of the floor.

Your thoughts please

regards

Bernie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
seats

i have a sparco driver seat in my 89 328,,its a tan suede model , it took a bit of finessing to install by the F car mechanic i was using at the time,he used the stock driver seat hardware so i didnt lose any headroom,and i may have gained some space as well, the only hicup was that i have to use a small piece of wood between the seat and the floorboard to keep the locking mechanism in place,i know its not the best idea , but it didnt matter to me,it works great and the floor mat covers up the small piece of wood that im using as a wedge, the model of the seat is called the Milan, now it comes in a nice tan leather skin ,and the cost is about 1500, back in 03 , my cost was 900 ,there isnt a lot of room between the center console and the side rails for aftermarket seats, but you may have better luck because your parking brake handle is in the middle of the car,,mine is on the side,which really makes things tight,good luck Brett , PS ,one other drawback is that i can no longer store my targa top behind the seats,,but that doesnt matter to me ,i live in so cal ,when i drive with the top off , i dont need to take it with me.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
can you post some pics? i have toyed with replacing my seats as well. just not the italian build. more american.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

that would be a sticking point. need the top with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
one other drawback is that i can no longer store my targa top behind the seats,,but that doesnt matter to me ,i live in so cal ,when i drive with the top off , i dont need to take it with me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Owner

sparco

hey Ed , let me know if these will do,as far as the targa goes,i have my seat all the way back,when i drive ,im almost laying down in the car,the seat and the seat back,are as far back as they can go, if you adjust both forward ,there might be enough room to store the top, im exactly five feet eleven and three quarter inches tall and my legs are most of that , so i need the seat all the way back.Hope this helps,Brett
Attached Images

post #6 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Owner
Elite Member

my fantasy is to have someone build me a seat that looks just like the original but wider. I am told i have no ass, but it is still too big for the stock seat. nice radar detector.

post #7 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Owner

seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
my fantasy is to have someone build me a seat that looks just like the original but wider. I am told i have no ass, but it is still too big for the stock seat. nice radar detector.
yes ,a custom set would be so cool and look really factory, better than my set up. the fellow with the 308 might have an easier time going with an aftermarket set,for kicks you should go to sparcos website and check out the new leather Milan , most of the seats that are more narrow seam to be the non adjustable full race type.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-17-2011, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Hey Luca

thanks for the pics. If the Sparco Milano fits the 328 with the floor mounted handbrake, then they should be a shoe-in for a 308.

I have checked the Milano in tan leather and I'm very tempted.

Again many thanks

Bernie
(new 308 owner)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode