F355 First wash & detail :) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
First wash & detail :)

I'm finally able to wash and detail my new GTS on my own, for the exterior, I'm using all Meguiar's product line, except for the rubber and targa top. I'm using Aerospace 303 on the rubber and haven't found a targa top protectant. I found a new product for the dust repellant, it's by Eagle One and is called "Keep Clean Wheel". It's not a cleaner, it says it will repel break dust from the rim for 2 weeks. It's worth a try. I'm having a professional clean the rim's interior as I don't know what to use. Anyway, I'm attempting to attach a photo (posting utilizing the iPhone do unsure if pictures get uploaded. )

I've found very minor (microscopic) scratches around the door, where the scuderia shield's panel is, on the driver's side. I have touch up Rossa Corsa for that, then I found underneath on the front, the black scrape plate needs touch up, is this paint available in Ferrari Life's store? I haven't found the store yet though I've found many mentions about a store here.

All in all, the exterior is almost flawless. There is a place on the passenger side where the previous owner touched up the paint and really shouldn't have done it. I'm an artist and touch up with needles. I don't k ow how to correct that place.

For the interior I'm using that I've always used on perfect leather (and imperfect leather) Leatherique's full line then aerospace 303 uv protectant once completed.

It has a nice wax and polish but usually I use "Nu Finish" polish every 3-6 months.

Are there any products you recommend ? How about the underside of the targa top and the targa protectant. Also, I've read that some people are opting for a thicker clearcoat for original paint protection and not the 3M protection. Would you recommend either ?
Attached Images

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 348 TS

Last edited by voila; 09-23-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: add photos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode