Driving a 328 vs 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-25-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Driving a 328 vs 360

I own a 456 GTA which is having some work done at the moment but I had the pleasure of driving a 328 GTS today.

Although i love my 456 I do want to end up with a V8 in the future and had been thinking of a 360 F1 Spider. How does the driving feel of the 360 differ from the 328? Clearly it will be quicker but I love the mechanical feel of the 328 and the way that at even moderate speeds you have to work at it. My left foot feels like it has had a work out as do my arms. i like the charm of this. How much driving feel does the 360 have? I think the more powerful breaks would be an asset in the 360.

I have to say that I am very taken with the 328 GTS. I am coming up to 40 so from my teens. I loved it and then grew to think that it just looked old and did not like it as much. Now I have come full circle and think it looks stunning! Maybe I should just save up and have both..

Seeing they are only slightly different in price which would you go for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
A 3x8 and the 360 are absolutely apples and oranges. With twenty years of technological advancement separating the two, there really is no comparison. The 360 is an absolute joy to drive. To me, it is tight and precise and allows one to be "connected" with the road, but is in no way "mechanical".
post #3 of 11 Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
328 / 360

the 328 will give you more of a feel of what it was like to drive a Formula 1 car in the 70 s - Niki Lauda helped develope the 328.. i believe the 328 is what Enzo Ferrari wanted a Ferrari to feel like,,,,,there is absolutely no buffer between you and the road,,i drove a 355,,,it was faster and had great mechanical grip...and it still has those classic Ferrari lines,,,but the steering was power assisted,,still felt good,,but not as connected as the 328, and the steering wheel looks like crap,,i have never been in a 360,,,so probably like a 355 ., but faster, and more refined,,its a bigger machine,,so when your in the canyons,,the 360 will take up more of the road,,,maybe it would be a good idea to drive both a 355 and a 360,,,at this time,,i believe there are some nice examples around,,and the prices of these cars are dropping fast,,,so its a great time to buy,...good luck,,,let us know what you decided..PS..the F430 is best mid 8 they have made since the 3x8 s and the F40 / 288 GTO..(not counting the 458 ) the F430 has been around a while,,,but God up in heaven is driving a 328 for sure LOL...the 328 is Ferrari,,and Ferrari is the 328..i cant speak for the later models...but when your in a 328 ,,you know your in a Ferrari..and somehow you can feel..that what your sitting in,,actually has a soul,,,,its a driving machine,,

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 06-25-2011 at 04:26 PM.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
The 360 modena will not feel like the 328. They are from different eras. really, the only way for you to understand is drive the 360. I'm sure a dealer near you has one they are trying to sell. Just got back from driving my 328 and no other car feels like it. Ferrari or any other. Not saying it is necessarily better or worse. But one or the other will speak to you. If you want a real workout, drive the TR around a parking lot.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 11 Old 06-25-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies.

I fully understand that they are totally different driving experiences. I was really trying to get an understanding of just how different they are. I think your term above that the 328 has "soul" may sum that up perfectly.

I will take out a 360 when I am ready to buy one but hate wasting people's time so won't just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I think the answer may be to try and build up a little collection as I love my 456 and being able to take my son and his friends out etc.

For the price of a 458 (not that I can afford one) i could buy the following and satiate all my desires and tick off all the boxes.

430 for lightening quick F1 paddles
328 for soul and the manual gate
355 gts for the spider
456 for the 2+2 and V12

I also wonder if people treat you a little differently if in a 328 instead of a 360? Being more classic is does not look so flash. I had lots of people letting me out of junctions for example yesterday in it. Do you have any experience of this?
post #6 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineman02 View Post
Thank you for your replies.

I fully understand that they are totally different driving experiences. I was really trying to get an understanding of just how different they are. I think your term above that the 328 has "soul" may sum that up perfectly.

I will take out a 360 when I am ready to buy one but hate wasting people's time so won't just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I think the answer may be to try and build up a little collection as I love my 456 and being able to take my son and his friends out etc.

For the price of a 458 (not that I can afford one) i could buy the following and satiate all my desires and tick off all the boxes.

430 for lightening quick F1 paddles
328 for soul and the manual gate
355 gts for the spider
456 for the 2+2 and V12

I also wonder if people treat you a little differently if in a 328 instead of a 360? Being more classic is does not look so flash. I had lots of people letting me out of junctions for example yesterday in it. Do you have any experience of this?
the 328 by a long shot will get more attention and compliments than a 360,,,lots of people dont know that a 360 is a Ferrari from first glance...thats not the case with a 328,,,i was at an intersection in HB california. ( top off )..very busy with pedestrians,,,,a Lambo gallardo was stopped coming the opposite way...a guy said " thats a nice car...but yours is better..." referring to my 328,,made my entire weekend lol....
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 06-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Having spent the day with the 328 today I have fallen in love...I want one, my son wants one so I guess we will just have to see what we can do. As they seem to be going up in value now is the time (well about 3 years ago actually!).
post #8 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #9 of 11 Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 308
Those 348 wheels on that 328 look really good! Any fitment issues?
post #10 of 11 Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Owner

348 wheels

hello ., thank you so much for the compliment...the wheels bolted right up without a problem,,,,i also have 5/8 billet spacers on the front spindals..as to even out the track...front to back,,,my tire sizes,,,just in case your wondering,,245 45s rear,,,,,235 45 s front,,,,im beside myself with the way the car handles ,,in fact for a 22 year old car,,,it grips quite suprisingly with the P ZERO s...when its hot outside and the tires are warmed up,,the confidence to just rip around corners is all there,,,i mean it really feels neutral,,and well balenced....its set up to be a driver,,,i wanted to dial out as much of whats taken away from the handling ., it being a GTS...now a GTB with the same set up...well ,,,,you guess,,Brett
post #11 of 11 Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineman02 View Post
Certanily has not been my experience. Both are clearly Ferraris and appreciated (or not) as such. You tend to see lot more 360s on the road so they do not turn heads to quite the same extent. The 308/328s always catch my attention when I see one on the road.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode